Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Great indoor drone!

Let Us Drone

Reaction score
Website
www.letusdrone.com
Hey all,

I was fortunate enough to acquire one a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. My wife, on the other hand, has not been too enthused. With anything more than 5 mph wind being a real struggle for the tiny drone, I've been mostly antagonizing her while I sit on the couch in the room next door. Here are my pros/cons for the Tello so far:

Pros-
  • Extremely lightweight
  • Advanced technology for price point
  • DJI flair
  • One of the longest flight times in this category
  • Well built and durable
Cons-
  • Struggles outdoors
  • Does not come with transmitter
  • Often intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Short range
I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who's gotten their hands on one or plans to add one to their collection!

fullsizeoutput_1a36.jpegIMG_3845.JPG

Hey all,

I was fortunate enough to acquire one a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. My wife, on the other hand, has not been too enthused. With anything more than 5 mph wind being a real struggle for the tiny drone, I've been mostly antagonizing her while I sit on the couch in the room next door. Here are my pros/cons for the Tello so far:

Pros-
  • Extremely lightweight
  • DJI flair
  • Well built and durable
Cons-
  • Struggles outdoors
  • Short range
I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who's gotten their hands on one or plans to add one to their collection!

View attachment 2View attachment 3
Where do you live that allows you to already have one?

Hey all,

Pros-
  • Extremely lightweight
  • DJI flair
  • Well built and durable
Cons-
  • Struggles outdoors
  • Short range

View attachment 2View attachment 3
What type of WiFi issues are you expirencing?

What type of WiFi issues are you expirencing?

Hey LuvMyTJ, this is an excerpt from the hands on Tello review I wrote regarding the Wi-Fi issues.

"Additionally, I struggled with Wi-Fi connectivity on a couple of occasions while flying outdoors. The first was when I tested out the max flight altitude, which the manual claims to be 32 feet. I ascended to about that altitude and completely lost connection with the drone. If I had not been able to reconnect by standing on my tippy toes with a skyward stretched arm I suppose the Tello would have eventually used it’s autoland feature when the battery got low enough. Was it my fault that the Tello disconnected? Yea, probably, but a feature to have the drone automatically descend five feet of so after losing connection around thirty feet up would be nice. The second loss of connectivity was unexplained and unfortunate. While flying outside in “fast mode” with the Tello about thirty feet away from me at around ten feet of altitude I lost connection with the drone. Despite quick, panicked attempts to press harder on my phone screen (as if increased finger pressure was the key to connectivity) I helplessly watched my new Tello fly into a nearby tree at full speed. Fortunately the quadcopter hit the branches/leaves and the only thing damaged during its retrieval was my knee. Maybe there was something nearby that caused interference with the Wi-Fi? I couldn’t help but notice that on multiple occasions my phone would show no Wi-Fi bars but I still had control of the drone."

Reactions: Let Us Drone
That's good to know about the G3. I wish I knew that before ordering my T1!

Of to Amazon I go.....!

Looks like we're gonna have to wait for Ryze to come out with a Android supported controller. Neither T1s or G3 GameSir controllers work...yet anyway. Another member said Ryze is going to support a GameSir "D" model.
I had some poor connection issues with my S7 edge at first. I started starting turning on the Tello first, connect to the phones wifi second, then starting the app last. I still have slightly choppy video but it's clean enough to fly FPV using a phone. Once they support a controller for android OS, I plan to try my VR goggles but I have a feeling the choppy video might be an issue. The furthest out I've flown has been about 200' and I want to see if it self lands or stops at its max distance. The last thing you want is a fly away. Max height is about 35 feet and it hovers very well at that altitude. Not as fast as the Heliway 903 but the Tello is pretty quick. I even put a strobe on it and it flyies fine with the light velcroed to the back just below the battery. Overall I'm satisfied with the Tello but not so happy with the video feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv