Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Greetings from North West England

Reaction score
With the new Drone Law coming into effect this month, I will now have to register my Mavic and Phantoms and take a test in order to fly them. I will of course do this next summer or as and when I want to fly them. In the meantime, I bought the Tello as it is only 86gm and therefore exempt from registration. The Tello is a fabulous drone to fly indoors as well as outdoors. Looking forward to see all the great Tello videos and shots in this forum!

Captain Picard

TelloCarl

Reaction score
The wind isn’t a Tello’s best friend, but they fly ok outside in still condition. Aren’t Mavic Minis exempt from registration too? Welcome by the way.

Reaction score
Yes. The Mavic Mini is under 250gm and therefore exempt from registration but it's 3 times the price of the Tello. In any case, buying the Mini doesn't make a lot of sense when I already own a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 3.

TelloCarl

Reaction score
I thought it was only £9 to register a drone?

TelloCarl

Reaction score
I think Picard means the price of the Mini itself.
I know that, but better to be honest and just admit you want a little toy rather than blame registration, especially if you are gonna fork out the £9 anyway. Apart from their physical size, won’t a proper drone work indoors? I am going for a mini next week I think.

Reaction score
I know that, but better to be honest and just admit you want a little toy rather than blame registration, especially if you are gonna fork out the £9 anyway. Apart from their physical size, won’t a proper drone work indoors? I am going for a mini next week I think.
The Mavic and the Phantoms would work indoors but I've never tried it. You're right, I bought the Tello because it's only a little toy and no one will bat an eyelid when I fly it in the park. That my friend, is priceless. I have never flown my Phantom 3 in the park as it would attract too much attention and fear that some ignorant passers by would take pleasure to chase me away. I can fly my Tello all day long without attracting any unnecessary attention.

The Mavic Mini is a great drone and I'm sure you'll find that it is 100 time better than the Tello :). Have fun.

Reactions: Kyle Knox

dirkclod

Staff member
Reaction score
With the new Drone Law coming into effect this month, I will now have to register my Mavic and Phantoms and take a test in order to fly them. I will of course do this next summer or as and when I want to fly them. In the meantime, I bought the Tello as it is only 86gm and therefore exempt from registration. The Tello is a fabulous drone to fly indoors as well as outdoors. Looking forward to see all the great Tello videos and shots in this forum!

Captain Picard
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . (y)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex22pt