Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hawkeye Firefly Micro Cam 2

Hi, if the tello usb power doesn't work inflight, the power with Li-Po battery would not be more lightweight and convenient than powerbank ? I have seen on the web few ways to do that with "Zero LiPo" or "JuiceBox Zero" cards.

Sorry @SaschaUhlig, i am a little far from your initial thread...
Yes you are right, but a Zero LiPo thing costs like 12€ and then you also need a Lipo Charger which costs 10€. Plus the Lipo, but that only costs 5€. I try to do it as cheap as possible. Maybe I should start a new thread. I will post the link in the next reply

You'd need to use the Pi as a relay / man in the middle. That is app connects to Pi and Pi connects to Tello.

AFAIK the normal Pi can be both Wifi AP and client at the same time. I read someone articles of people using it for filtering wifi which used exactly this feature. No clue if the PiZero W can do the same. If it can, then this should work.
It wold work only in close rage, as the Tello has certainly better antenna & wifi compared to the Pi. OTOH this would also allow to build some truly autonomous functions, like a real RTH even with wifi lost.

BTW: My Pi Zero W boots when connected to the micro USB port.
just had an idea: If you put GPS on the Pi, it would actually turn the Tello into a dji spark. It could fly like 2km away (without controls but preprogrammed with waypoints). But it probably would be useless anyway because the battery life is too short

petition? :ROFLMAO::LOL: This is a chinese company and they could not care less...

I'm pretty sure that such a function exists, maybe not in public releases of the firmware but certainly in their development builds.

Reactions: Multipla Studios
petition? :ROFLMAO::LOL: This is a chinese company and they could not care less...

I'm pretty sure that such a function exists, maybe not in public releases of the firmware but certainly in their development builds.
xd the petition was only a joke. But actually it would be easy for them to add it. So if anyone reading this knows somebody working at RyzeTech, tell them to add that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bellottie