Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello fellow Droners

You’ll be impressed at what this lil guy can do. Remember to calibrate before your flight and enjoy ?

Attachments

• F10F407F-CD59-463C-8731-4D0688213ADE.jpeg
    F10F407F-CD59-463C-8731-4D0688213ADE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure I will be impressed..I've watched so many Youtube reviews of the Tello I feel like I've been flying one for years. :)

BTW, beautiful pic. Love the contrast of the red building against the back drop. Nice composition.

Cheers

Reactions: Gorbachev
Haha, I too did the same, watched YouTube videos and was excited I had no need to read any manuals. I knew exactly how to operate my tello . I honestly like this lil guy better than both my Parrot bebop 1 & 2. Although there are the necessary pros and cons. But with the technology and size of the tello it blew me away. Have fun and keep watching for that delivery! ?? If your Instagram at all you can see more video footage from what I’ve captured so far!

I’ve only had my Tello for about week now! Best thing I’ve purchased all year

@mrgorbachev, LOL....yep I fell into the Drone Youtube "hole" over the last week...WAY WAY WAY too many Drone videos. I was trying to decide whether I wanted to buy a more capable/professional drone right off the bat (e.g., DJI Mavic Air) or start simple and small with the Tello. Ultimately I decided to start small while I'm learning to fly and then see how I enjoy first before I jump in with both feet (and "wallet").

My Tello just came in yesterday. I haven't had a chance to fly it yet. But I did order a bunch of accessories including:

- Hard case that has a spot for the controller
- GameSir T1d game controller,
- 3 extra batteries,
- Xiaomi wifi extender
- Combo 3 battery charger/power bank that allows me to not only charge 3 batteries simultaneously at home but I can also charge up to 6 batteries without plugging in (power bank) and use it to power my wifi extender while I'm flying. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Sweet!

I'm also thinking about buying the TelloFPV app ($5.95) ...but I'll decide after I've used the standard Tello app and I've played with the demo version of the TelloFPV app. And I should probably buy some backup props.

So while I didn't go with a "professional" drone I did kinda jump into the Tello with both feet ($200 ouch).

Did you buy any accessories yet?

FYI I have an instagram account 858jammer but I've never posted anything on IG or really even used it....although I did add you today. I checked out some of your Tello content. Nice! You're a quick study.

Cheers

Thank you for the compliments! Yes the YouTube vids lasted hours upon hours. $200 bucks isn’t bad considering you were able to get a drone and many many accessories. I haven’t gotten too much accessories as of yet but just the important ones such as 3 extra batteries, & extra props although 4 extra props come included. I’m actually looking to purchase an extra tello (Just in case) I almost lost my tello yesterday morning flying over the beach. But it was due to pilot error on my behalf as I decided to fly over the shore line with only %20 battery life left. But I found out a trick to keep he tello going up as it is in Landing mode. Just keep pushing up on until you reach a safe landing area.

I too would like to go professional as well but I didn’t wasn’t ready to spend over a grand for a dji magic pro until I was comfortable piloting.

I don’t think I will use the game controller although I would like to use the Gamevice controller. I already had a WiFi repeater and my power bank ready to go. I haven’t yet tried it out yet to see the difference in range as my tello gets a good enough range and I don’t think I would want to go any further because a gust of wind will surely take this lil guy away.

I am interested to know the name and where you got that quad charger for the tello battery charger. I’d love to be able to charge while I’m on the go.

Wow. better be careful with the drone...thx for the tip. BTW if you ever do crash it into the water and you can retrieve it it is likely salvageable. I saw a video of a guy who crashed it in a lake and it sank but he was able to retrieve it, wash it in fresh clean water, dry it out and it lived to see another day.

Yeah I guess $200 wasn't too bad..it was just more than I was originally planning to invest in this drone. I can't help myself.

So the charger I ordered charges 3 batteries at a time and because it has a built in power bank you can charge up to 6 batteries (twice with 3 batteries each time) without plugging it in again. Plus I like the fact that I can use the built in power bank to power my WiFi extender.

The product is called "Smatree Portable Charging Station Compatible with DJI Tello Battery. You can get it on Amazon (link below) for $26.

If you don't care about the power bank part of the product you can get 4 battery charger for just $15. Here is the link for one of the quad-chargers....Note there are several vendors that sell similar (if not the same) products.

If you're considering buying more batteries I bought a 2-pact at a discounted price of $27.98. That's a bit of a savings over purchasing single batteries (~$16/ea.). I can't vouch for the batteries yet as I haven't gotten them yet. But here is the link:

Also, I saw but didn't order that you could purchase a multipack of blades. I think you get 4 sets (16 blades) for only $8.99. I didn't order them...hoping that I won't need them. Famous last words.

Cheers

Reactions: Gorbachev
Thanks a lot for the info, I’m definitely ordering more batteries and more props and the charging base. I’ll be set!

I know that exact video your explaining about tello falling into the lake. By A.J. Alvarez. I watched it 2x he he

Happy flying and have fun!

Lol....yep that's the vid! I wouldn't want to chance getting it wet but good to know that it's not a guaranteed loss if it does fall into the pool.

Once you receive the quad-charger let me know if you'd recommend it.

Happy flying.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the info, I’m definitely ordering more batteries and more props and the charging base. I’ll be set!

I know that exact video your explaining about tello falling into the lake. By A.J. Alvarez. I watched it 2x he he

If you are looking for cheap props here is one I found on Amazon....16 props for $8.99. There are also others that sell props with various colors in the pack for $8.99 as well.

Cheers

Decided to go with the Tello as my first drone.

Happy flying
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Came across this link for 2 Tello batteries...just a bit cheaper then my other link:

Hello Jet, and of course, Mr Gorbachev, thank you for taking down the wall...... What is it with walls???? Welcome to the forum and the world of Tello Drones. These things are awesome! We currently have 4. 2 Hard cases, 9 extra batteries, 2, 4 slot chargers, Gamesir T1d and T1s controllers, lots of extra props (get some, you'll need them) extra prop guards, covers, etc. Trust me, you'll need ALL the extras... Nothing like having your flying cut short, or out, like not having some little part.... Besides, Red, or some other bright colors on the front make it easier to see, especially when you get far away, and you WILL, LOL. I recently built a little obstacle course in the front yard, but when I want to fly faster and higher I go to a huge field a few minutes away. Watch out for trees, and your neighbors house, I've crashed into both, LOL. Accept that you WILL crash...... It's a cycle. Fly, crash, fix it, fly, crash, repeat. Aside from crashing, awesome little drones, I've had countless hours of fun with them, not to mention the Wife and Grandkids, and as of yesterday, great grandchildren too, being only 2 and 4 yrs old however I didn't let them fly, but when the Tello lifted off both boys had a very audible intake of breath, followed by squeals of delight and peals of laughter, and then followed me everywhere the rest of the time they were here. I can recommend both the 4 slot chargers, and the Gamesir controllers.

Well, 6pm, Seattle, virtually no wind............ Tello Drones are calling me..........

See you in the Sky..

Pilot 47

Reactions: Jet
Hello Jet, and of course, Mr Gorbachev, thank you for taking down the wall...... What is it with walls???? Welcome to the forum and the world of Tello Drones. These things are awesome! We currently have 4. 2 Hard cases, 9 extra batteries, 2, 4 slot chargers, Gamesir T1d and T1s controllers, lots of extra props (get some, you'll need them) extra prop guards, covers, etc. Trust me, you'll need ALL the extras... Nothing like having your flying cut short, or out, like not having some little part.... Besides, Red, or some other bright colors on the front make it easier to see, especially when you get far away, and you WILL, LOL. I recently built a little obstacle course in the front yard, but when I want to fly faster and higher I go to a huge field a few minutes away. Watch out for trees, and your neighbors house, I've crashed into both, LOL. Accept that you WILL crash...... It's a cycle. Fly, crash, fix it, fly, crash, repeat. Aside from crashing, awesome little drones, I've had countless hours of fun with them, not to mention the Wife and Grandkids, and as of yesterday, great grandchildren too, being only 2 and 4 yrs old however I didn't let them fly, but when the Tello lifted off both boys had a very audible intake of breath, followed by squeals of delight and peals of laughter, and then followed me everywhere the rest of the time they were here. I can recommend both the 4 slot chargers, and the Gamesir controllers.

Well, 6pm, Seattle, virtually no wind............ Tello Drones are calling me..........

See you in the Sky..

Pilot 47
Sounds like you are ALL in on the Tello.

Have fun. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv