Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from the States!

voodoo

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just purchased the Tello for my daughter (7) and myself so we can fly indoors a bit. We have the Spark, which was the first nice drone I've purchased and it's fantastic. Looking forward to flying the Tello and learning about it, the SparkPilots forum has been very helpful and I'm sure you guys are too!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello All,

Just purchased the Tello for my daughter (7) and myself so we can fly indoors a bit. We have the Spark, which was the first nice drone I've purchased and it's fantastic. Looking forward to flying the Tello and learning about it, the SparkPilots forum has been very helpful and I'm sure you guys are too!
Ohh thats the first time where I see a perfect match so I jump in for some infomercial about TelloFpv! not that you can visit this forum for more than an hour without noticing TelloFpv :)

If you have an external gamepad controller check out TelloFpv for teaching your daughter:
Master / Student mode with dual controllers. Hand over the smartphone to your daughter and she can learn to fly FPV. You keep the controller and can overrule her input anytime. It has a PANIC button to quickly stop Tello and let it hover in place. Just for those moments when she tries to crash Tello into the TV.
If you have two controllers she can use one, and you can keep the other.

Free demo version for checking compatibility and to try it out a few times.

Reactions: voodoo
Perfect drone for a 7 yr old. Maybe buy a aftermarket cage/propeller guard thingy for it while flying inside. Tellofpv is great and I much much much prefer it over the stock tello app.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
(y)

Perfect drone for a 7 yr old. Maybe buy a aftermarket cage/propeller guard thingy for it while flying inside. Tellofpv is great and I much much much prefer it over the stock tello app.

The Tello came with the propeller guards, so we're set there. I launched it for the first time this morning...it's fantastic! I also got the GameSir controller and it works perfectly, she's going to really like it. It's super stable and very easy to fly, moves nice and slow in SLOW flight mode.

I'll have to check out the TelloFPV thing, but I'm really impressed with this thing so far.

Ohh thats the first time where I see a perfect match so I jump in for some infomercial about TelloFpv! not that you can visit this forum for more than an hour without noticing TelloFpv :)

If you have an external gamepad controller check out TelloFpv for teaching your daughter:
Master / Student mode with dual controllers. Hand over the smartphone to your daughter and she can learn to fly FPV. You keep the controller and can overrule her input anytime. It has a PANIC button to quickly stop Tello and let it hover in place. Just for those moments when she tries to crash Tello into the TV.
If you have two controllers she can use one, and you can keep the other.

Free demo version for checking compatibility and to try it out a few times.

Thx Volatello, I looked up your app and it gets really great reviews, I'll definitely check out the demo. I usually like to stick with software from the manufacturer, but if it works, it works!

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpothi