Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello

Kees

Reaction score
Hello, I am Kees van Hooijdonk from the Netherlands. I am new here, and I hope to learn a lot.
I have zero drone experience therefor starting with Ryze Tello as it seems a "starter friendly" drone.

I want to use the drone to take pictures from (and inside ??) higher caves. The kind of cave I mean you can find on this website:
http://www.bergloper.nl These are subterrainian quarries.

This morning was my first flight. Doing so, I gained several impressions, not all positive, not all bad.
Unboxing, charging battery, downloading app, connecting with wifi, all went well.
Smooth take off, smooth landings, exercises in the garden, all oké. But then I realized that there is no headless mode.

I spent some time getting used to flight direction, and in my small garden that 's no big problem.
Looking on my phone display for the direction, changed heading if required and flew back to the starting point.
Ugghhhh, I have to get used to that....... But oke, for short distances no problem I guess.

I took my first picture and some video as I would like to see the quality. I expect pictures to be good and video poor quality.
BUT after landing my drone I looked for pictures and video on my smartphone and in the Tello App, There was NONE, nothing at all.
So that was disappointing. And as the battery was empty by then I had to stop for today.

Tommorow I will try again. Perhaps using another phone. So far my first impression

If someone has ideas or suggestions , You are welcome.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy (y)

Reactions: Kees
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Tello Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Hello, I am Kees van Hooijdonk from the Netherlands. I am new here, and I hope to learn a lot.
I have zero drone experience therefor starting with Ryze Tello as it seems a "starter friendly" drone.

I want to use the drone to take pictures from (and inside ??) higher caves. The kind of cave I mean you can find on this website:
http://www.bergloper.nl These are subterrainian quarries.

This morning was my first flight. Doing so, I gained several impressions, not all positive, not all bad.
Unboxing, charging battery, downloading app, connecting with wifi, all went well.
Smooth take off, smooth landings, exercises in the garden, all oké. But then I realized that there is no headless mode.

I spent some time getting used to flight direction, and in my small garden that 's no big problem.
Looking on my phone display for the direction, changed heading if required and flew back to the starting point.
Ugghhhh, I have to get used to that....... But oke, for short distances no problem I guess.

I took my first picture and some video as I would like to see the quality. I expect pictures to be good and video poor quality.
BUT after landing my drone I looked for pictures and video on my smartphone and in the Tello App, There was NONE, nothing at all.
So that was disappointing. And as the battery was empty by then I had to stop for today.

Tommorow I will try again. Perhaps using another phone. So far my first impression

If someone has ideas or suggestions , You are welcome.

Are you using android phone or IOS phone? in your picture shot and video shot?

Are you using android phone or IOS phone? in your picture shot and video shot?
I have a Huawei Mate 10 Lite and android 7.0.
I found that Huawei Mate 10 is not compatible with Ryze Tello.
I can fly, but not save pictures and video

I have a Huawei Mate 10 Lite and android 7.0.
I found that Huawei Mate 10 is not compatible with Ryze Tello.
I can fly, but not save pictures and video

There is a memory card inside your phone? if there is no memory card, put memory card and try to record video and take photo. I don't believe it is not compatible, as long as you install the Tello apps and it is successful installation, it means your mobile is compatible to tello, just try what I'm suggesting, don't fly the drone just connect the drone and take a video and photo with your self only, once the video and photo is saving and then try to fly the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843