Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Help identify component

Memor86

Reaction score
Hello folks I took apart my tello to replace a motor, I wanted to route the cables exactly as it came from factory and decided to remove the camera connector.
When I managed to set the glue free and the connector lifted I noticed that something (a small component) may have been very well stuck to the glue that it pulled it from the main board. I'm not sure what it is, I panicked and put the connector back in place. I turned the drone and tested it. It works fine and the camera works fine I don't know if it was an actual component or just some debris that was there.
I taped on the drone, simulated some hard landings to see if it would come lose and fail but everything looks good.

Here is a picture I hope you can help me identify if I damaged it or it's just debris

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_012538.jpg
    IMG_20191105_012538.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20191105_012526.jpg
    IMG_20191105_012526.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20191105_001631.jpg
    IMG_20191105_001631.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61
Hi, I checked on my Tello, and that component seems to be an SMD capacitor anyway it is a smd component soldered to the board. I didn't remove the glue, but it seems to be like that.

I have already had the opportunity to weld these small components, if you are good you could try to free it from the glue and weld it in the correct position. always if the traces of copper were not torn.

The most important question is.... What is it for???

The drone appears to work just fine

It's a flux capacitor. Be careful hitting 88mph...

Hi! Sorry for archeology, but today i have damaged the aformentioned component, because i was trying to remove the glue blob on the camera connector. Can You confirm, that Your drone worked without problems after destroying the component(i have torn mine from the surface of pcb)? Did the front camera worked? I had problems with camera in the first place(WARNING camera sensor error) and i wanted to check the connection...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv