Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Help wiring usb-c smartphone and micro-usb Gamesir controller

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

Did anyone in the forum succeedd conecting a micro-usb Gamesir gamepad with a usb-c smartphone ?

In that case, could you send me a weblink for usb cable shopping ?

I'm planning to upgrade my current micro-usb equipped smartphone. Unfortunatelly my old micro-usb to micro-usb OTG cable becomes obsolete.

In fact, I have lot of doubts about how OTG works when using usb-c standar. That the reason I would like to know success experiences from others.

A couple of images showing devices I need to link

GameSir-G4s-Full_07.jpg

USB-type-C.jpg

Thanks in advance

Raul.

Reactions: Bob Suval
An interesting idea but I have not broken one apart nor seen schematics for a Gamesir Game controller as they state they will not work, and since they produce the really cheap T1D which pairs to your phone by Blutooth and is made specifially to wprk with the Tello, I saw no need. Good luck with your project.

Why wouldn’t you just buy a simple micro usb to usb-c adapter

Attachments

• 24AC9983-429D-4C57-B162-BA10772F5897.jpeg
    24AC9983-429D-4C57-B162-BA10772F5897.jpeg
    965.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 31B53B21-1E72-4B46-8539-00ADDF6DC780.jpeg
    31B53B21-1E72-4B46-8539-00ADDF6DC780.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 50F7F037-8801-4A31-B933-0E0D72DAC9E9.jpeg
    50F7F037-8801-4A31-B933-0E0D72DAC9E9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Hi @raulvolador. So I understand that you do not need the OTG USB-C to USB cable and another USB to USBmicro cable. My question is then if those cables that you have tried have any OTG virtue or is it that the new USB-C chips of the phones already come with the OTG facility. I just received my Gamesir G4S and before trying to connect it I read the advice already published. Thanks and regards.

Hola @raulvolador . Entonces entiendo que no hace falta el cable OTG USB-C a USB y otro calble USB a USBmicro. Mi consulta es entonces si esos cables que has probado tienen alguna virtud OTG o es que las nuevas fichas USB-C de los telefonos ya vienen con la facilidad OTG. Acabo de recibir mi Gamesir G4S y antes de intentar conectarlo leo los consejos ya publicados.
Gracias y saludos.

Gracias y saludos.

Last edited:
Reactions: raulvolador
Hi @raulvolador. So I understand that you do not need the OTG USB-C to USB cable and another USB to USBmicro cable. My question is then if those cables that you have tried have any OTG virtue or is it that the new USB-C chips of the phones already come with the OTG facility. I just received my Gamesir G4S and before trying to connect it I read the advice already published. Thanks and regards.

Hola @raulvolador . Entonces entiendo que no hace falta el cable OTG USB-C a USB y otro calble USB a USBmicro. Mi consulta es entonces si esos cables que has probado tienen alguna virtud OTG o es que las nuevas fichas USB-C de los telefonos ya vienen con la facilidad OTG. Acabo de recibir mi Gamesir G4S y antes de intentar conectarlo leo los consejos ya publicados.
Gracias y saludos.

Gracias y saludos.

You are right. Both cable integrate OTG capability inside one side connector, marked as 'HOST' or painted red. The other connector remains normal. As said, you only need to buy this cables, no more OTG adaptors.

R.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid