Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How do you fully drain the battery?

Biggie777

Reaction score
In both the official app and the new app for tello, It sets low battery warning at 10 and 15% is as low as you can go and I want to be able to drain it all the way but it seems that as soon as I get the warning it wants to land and it still has battery but won't let me start it up again. How do you override this? I want to fully drain it for an extra 10% would give me longer flight times.

Oh and I'm new to the forum. I just got my Tello.Hi everyone!

You shouldnt. It is designed like that so the battery stays healthy and fully functioning. Dont drain it below 10% or you will damage the battery

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

You shouldnt. It is designed like that so the battery stays healthy and fully functioning. Dont drain it below 10% or you will damage the battery

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapa

Is it even possible? The original tello app allows you to set no lower than 15% and the new Volatello app goes down to 10%. Not even sure this is possible but if it was,would like to set it to 5 as that wouldn't fully drain it?

Well. Even 10% is bad for the battery so 5 would be like stabbing it with a knife

Reactions: Biggie777
I think buy a better battery with a higher capacity

Im sorry but it is 10' o clock at night here in poland so i will not be able to respond until tommorow

Oh cool,that's ok. Thanks for the fast replies so far,wow this sight is quick with it. Lol

What would you recommend?

1 - NEVER charge or discharge the batteries too much ... they would be irreparably damaged (3V the cell discharges !! 4.2V / 4.35 for the LI-HV the cell is charged !! never go out of this range)
2 - NEVER keep the batteries charged or discharged for too long (1-2 days). The battery MUST be "stored" when not in use, which means that the Battery must always be kept "half charged" when not in use (3.80 V and 3.85 Volt).
Leaving a discharged battery, or worse charged, for a few weeks stresses its chemistry, compromising its duration. The advice is to charge the batteries the day before their use or the same day and store them after each flight at 3.80 V. This type of accumulators have a minimum self-discharge and are able to maintain a charge for a long time.

1 - NEVER charge or discharge the batteries too much ... they would be irreparably damaged (3V the cell discharges !! 4.2V / 4.35 for the LI-HV the cell is charged !! never go out of this range)
2 - NEVER keep the batteries charged or discharged for too long (1-2 days). The battery MUST be "stored" when not in use, which means that the Battery must always be kept "half charged" when not in use (3.80 V and 3.85 Volt).
Leaving a discharged battery, or worse charged, for a few weeks stresses its chemistry, compromising its duration. The advice is to charge the batteries the day before their use or the same day and store them after each flight at 3.80 V. This type of accumulators have a minimum self-discharge and are able to maintain a charge for a long time.
Wow,very detailed.Thanks for taking the time with this.

Reactions: Flydrone
to manage my tello batteries, i modified a smatree charger and connected it to a computerized charger ... now i can manage 3 batteries at a time as if it were a 3S LiPo. very convenient for storing 3 batteries at the same time.
see below.
Tello in distress SOS

Reactions: Biggie777

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv