Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How to chek if drone is dry?

ImJovann

Reaction score
So, my drone landed on wet grass, and i want to know when is drone dry.
Thanks!

Mine (dry :) ) weighs 54g without battery.
Probably good to take out battery (to allow more air through) and put it somewhere with warm dry air flow (like what comes upp behind a fridge or use a hair dryer with, not to high setting)

So, my drone landed on wet grass, and i want to know when is drone dry.
Thanks!
Don't worry about the drone if you only landed in wet grass, that's not enough to kill your drone believe me I know that because my friend landed by accident in the water bowl from my dog and it was completely submerged in water.

I told him to quickly pull out the battery and then we dried the drone first by holding the drone and spin it around as fast as you can to get the most water out and then we put it without the battery inside of course on top of the radiator in a vertical position for about 20 minutes or so and that was about 2 years ago and I'm still flying the same Tello to this day so don't worry about landing in wet grass because that's not enough water to penetrate deep enough and kill the drone.

What I did extra to keep the motors from rusting inside is using specialized mineral oil that you use on a sewing machine and put a very small drop of that oil on the axel of the motors and let that work in a little bit, it doesn't mess up the tiny carbon brushes and it keeps your motors running for years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel