Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How to go beyond the 10m altitude

I downloaded the altitude limit app it does work i tried it. It works i set it at 12m and i got it that high i would try higher but too much wind right now

Reactions: Doug D
Which altitude limit app? I belive both the android and ios versions have been reported working.
I used the pc version posted on one of the other threads by Billy Yuen (I believe. Apologies if the spelling is incorrect)

I have had 30m up on mine several times, I wouldn't like to risk much higher

Which altitude limit app? I belive both the android and ios versions have been reported working.
I used the pc version posted on one of the other threads by Billy Yuen (I believe. Apologies if the spelling is incorrect)

I have had 30m up on mine several times, I wouldn't like to risk much higher

ALTS is the name in Google Play Store. You just connect it and set the limit. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.keiziweb.telloaltsetter
Hope I could help. :)

There are some apps just appeared in the AppStore and these are easily solve this annoying problem.
If it’s enough to fly up to 30meters, here is a free alternative:
TALS (keiji matsumoto) ‎TALS az App Store-ban

And this will let you overwrite the Tello’s altitude limit up to 100meters, but is costs a small money:
Altitude Limit for TELLO (IEIRISOFTWARE LAB.) ‎Altitude Limit for TELLO az App Store-ban

Take care with the higher alts, because the Tello’s optical sensors are going instable to keep position over 10meters.
The wi-fi is the other thread. Use a wi-fi repeater to extend you Tello’s range and make your flights safer.
Anyways, you should be more skilled if you flying high.

Good Luck!

There are some apps just appeared in the AppStore and these are easily solve this annoying problem.
If it’s enough to fly up to 30meters, here is a free alternative:
TALS (keiji matsumoto) ‎TALS az App Store-ban

And this will let you overwrite the Tello’s altitude limit up to 100meters, but is costs a small money:
Altitude Limit for TELLO (IEIRISOFTWARE LAB.) ‎Altitude Limit for TELLO az App Store-ban

Take care with the higher alts, because the Tello’s optical sensors are going instable to keep position over 10meters.
The wi-fi is the other thread. Use a wi-fi repeater to extend you Tello’s range and make your flights safer.
Anyways, you should be more skilled if you flying high.

Good Luck!
Has anyone managed to get to higher than 30m? Thought I'd seen something that it was a hard ceiling at 30m.

Let me tell you that I am very very happy with the extended range that the Mi 2 repeater allows. I also use the Tals app from the Apple store and it works fine. It is important to observe Tello’s limitations and try to avoid windy conditions.

Just to share my thoughts on this topic; Last day i flew 90m above the ground by taking off from 60m high ground. Altitude hold worked without problem. Vision Provisioning failed 50% of the flight time (surface movement are to small for sensor to detect from such high altitude, regardless of light conditions). This is not much of the problem for experienced pilot, but I understand why RYZE won't enable plebs to do so.

If RYZE raise altitude limit over 30m they will face following problems:
  1. They will put all customers to risk of loosing the drone because without WiFi repeater, signal is already to weak on 30m (without any interference)
  2. Vision Provisioning wouldn't be useless, but it wouldn't behave as advertised.
  3. Battery may not provide enough power for returning to landing site when low battery alarm sounds. This is specially danger when flying downwind, RTH may not be possible...
  4. 60m above the ground, drone is very difficult to spot due to small dimensions
Conclusion:
These are main problems with Tello altitude, but other than that this little UAV is capable of reaching much higher altitudes once you get appropriate WiFi repeater.

Just to share my thoughts on this topic; Last day i flew 90m above the ground by taking off from 60m high ground. Altitude hold worked without problem. Vision Provisioning failed 50% of the flight time (surface movement are to small for sensor to detect from such high altitude, regardless of light conditions). This is not much of the problem for experienced pilot, but I understand why RYZE won't enable plebs to do so.

If RYZE raise altitude limit over 30m they will face following problems:
  1. They will put all customers to risk of loosing the drone because without WiFi repeater, signal is already to weak on 30m (without any interference)
  2. Vision Provisioning wouldn't be useless, but it wouldn't behave as advertised.
  3. Battery may not provide enough power for returning to landing site when low battery alarm sounds. This is specially danger when flying downwind, RTH may not be possible...
  4. 60m above the ground, drone is very difficult to spot due to small dimensions
Conclusion:
These are main problems with Tello altitude, but other than that this little UAV is capable of reaching much higher altitudes once you get appropriate WiFi repeater.
I also tried to reach 40m,starting from my window at 10m and no one problem... Waiting the possibility to increase the altitude

Last edited:
Heh heh heh find this little beauty being shown how to use with a XiaoMi wi fi repeater you get wi fi boost can get up to 100ft altitude woot woot. It’s for the iPhone and called appropriately AltLimitTELLO.

Enjoy be careful though make sure you have plenty of space and watch your battery to ensure you have plenty of time to RTH or it buy buy TELLO lol.

Attachments

• CDFD07DC-1185-4DE3-B368-69494BE661E9.png
    CDFD07DC-1185-4DE3-B368-69494BE661E9.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 20
Heh heh heh find this little beauty being shown how to use with a XiaoMi wi fi repeater you get wi fi boost can get up to 100ft altitude woot woot. It’s for the iPhone and called appropriately AltLimitTELLO.

Enjoy be careful though make sure you have plenty of space and watch your battery to ensure you have plenty of time to RTH or it buy buy TELLO lol.
All apps can do 30m / 100ft altitude. For the Ryze app you have to connect to Tello before entering the settings to enable that extended altitude limit.

There is no app that can bypass this 30m / 100 ft limit as its embedded in the firmware and nobody has cracked the Tello firmware

All apps can do 30m / 100ft altitude. For the Ryze app you have to connect to Tello before entering the settings to enable that extended altitude limit.

There is no app that can bypass this 30m / 100 ft limit as its embedded in the firmware and nobody has cracked the Tello firmware

I had a discussion with Ryze support about max height and this was their response:

'In regards to the maximum flight height, our Engineers have changed it to a 10m max in our newest firmware and have updated our website now about this.'
So the DJI engineers "nanny" us. If I lost my tello it is my own responsibilty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843