Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

I'm removing the battery from Tello when not charging it

daisy-girl

Reaction score
I'm not certain, but if memory serves I went to bed with a full charge. But when I checked the charge prior to leaving to shoot, it was not fully charged. To the contrary, it was accepting over 1.0A of current.

Later, when I have another battery,* I'll compare the result of leaving one in the AC overnight and the other out.

*All those who contemplated purchasing an extra aircraft just for the battery, please click the Like button. Tell the truth! :sneaky:

Reactions: Clinton1
Uhhhhhh. $100 for one $19 battery?????? No, not me. Not going for the aftermarket ones out there already either. Sure is frustrating not having extra ones, though. Odd how that little tiny battery is slow in production.

Not me. I do want to buy a few extra batteries, but I'm not willing to pay $100.00 just to get one. I'll try to be patient. On a side note, I took off from the kitchen counter last night, forgetting how the Tello pops up as it launches. It immediately hit the ceiling, and launched two of the props into my office area, near the kitchen. I've found one prop, but not the other. Considering the state of the office, I doubt I'll find the prop until I clean up (unlikely) or move. Lesson? Check the overhead before launching.

Reactions: Tom 19941
Uhhhhhh. $100 for one $19 battery?????? No, not me. Not going for the aftermarket ones out there already either. Sure is frustrating not having extra ones, though. Odd how that little tiny battery is slow in production.
Where are the aftermarket ones to be found? I'm perfectly willing to be a lab monkey and buy one to see how good they are.

Where are the aftermarket ones to be found? I'm perfectly willing to be a lab monkey and buy one to see how good they are.
They're on both Amazon and eBay. The cost per battery is nearly double or more for a knock off plus what you really need to watch is the shipping. Some of the crooks are charging double the price of the battery for shipping. I plan to wait for the 'real' ones that are listed for only $19 with free shipping.

Not me. I do want to buy a few extra batteries, but I'm not willing to pay $100.00 just to get one. I'll try to be patient. On a side note, I took off from the kitchen counter last night, forgetting how the Tello pops up as it launches. It immediately hit the ceiling, and launched two of the props into my office area, near the kitchen. I've found one prop, but not the other. Considering the state of the office, I doubt I'll find the prop until I clean up (unlikely) or move. Lesson? Check the overhead before launching.
Had something similar happen the other day. My Tello and fridge had a tiff. Fridge won and three props came flying off, one broken. Check overhead AND appliances too, lol!

Reactions: Divebomber
Back to the original thread, sort of. If you're one of those still looking for batteries, check Dell, the computer company. I don't know why they have them in their inventory, but they do have them. If you do a search on something like "Tello Batteries" on their website, they won't pop up. But if you put in Dell's part number (AA084135) they will appear. They're $19.00 USD. I didn't order any, because I have all I need, but I imagine shipping is pretty reasonable, since Dell is a reputable company.

Reactions: Kukumalu255

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted