Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

instead of takeoff, want to use start and up and down API to start and control Tello moments

sundara senthil

Reaction score
Instead of takeoff API , want to use the API like start, stop to start and stop and up and down to make tello to fly and come down...
is it possible?

I can't understand the question, but to my understanding you can start motors by simply drag left joystick to 4 and right joy to 8 o'clock simultaneously. Then you can control the thrust & take off and land manually.

I can't understand the question, but to my understanding you can start motors by simply drag left joystick to 4 and right joy to 8 o'clock simultaneously. Then you can control the thrust & take off and land manually.

This is really interesting. There is a giant random position offset from the (0,0,0) takeoff point, and when the tello achieves hover. I wonder if taking off manually will eliminate this problem.

That's cool !

Can you tell me where did you find this so interesting information ?

I'll test it as soon as possible.

Raul.

Last edited:
That's cool !

Can you tell me where did you find this so interesting information ?

I'll test it as soon as possible.

Raul.

It is a common control in almost all drones... the cool thing about it in tello is that when you increase the thrust and release the joy motors speed will return to ideal state. Like you push the gas pedal in cars... ?
In other toy grade drones it will take off as soon as increasing the thrust.

So I got this to work with the official tello app, but was really disappointed when the same technique didnt work through TelloLib. I'm really curious if this will solve the offset issue.

I suspect this would be achieved via an, as yet, undiscovered command to the Tello. I'll start a new thread about these commands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv