Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Interactive whiteboard / code simulator

stevo1957

Reaction score
I was just watching some Drone Blocks programming videos from "GetCTRL".

Although coding in Drone Blocks, the presenter showed what appears to be a Scratch 2 screen which provided a visual simulation of the moves that were being programmed.

Despite being asked a few times in the video comments how you access this functionality, the questions were not answered.

Does anyone know how to set up Scratch for this functionality? I assume it somehow connects with Drone Blocks, otherwise the move coding would not be passed through for the simulation.

If you check this video out at around 11 mins 30 secs, you'll see what I'm referring to.

Program Tello drone to do backflips with Scratch! | Aerial Guide is a good one to control your Tello via the keyboard

The following is the best one I've found to control your Tello from your computer.https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2018/04/18/coding-with-the-ryze-tello/amp/

Shows a few examples of how to program the drone.

Basically it's running node.js and using scratch to load in the commands, and connect to your Tello like you do with your phone.

Last edited:
Program Tello drone to do backflips with Scratch! | Aerial Guide is a good one to control your Tello via the keyboard

The following is the best one I've found to control your Tello from your computer.https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2018/04/18/coding-with-the-ryze-tello/amp/

Shows a few examples of how to program the drone.

Basically it's running node.js and using scratch to load in the commands, and connect to your Tello like you do with your phone.

Thanks mate.

Everything works fine in relation to keyboard control of the Tello via Scratch programming or DroneBlocks - my enquiry was in relation to where the simulation software came from that the presenter uses in his video to "test" the proposed moves that are being coded.

Cheers,

Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv