Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

IOS / Iphone volunteers wanted

volate!lo

Reaction score
I need a handful of volunteers on IOS for an app.
Candidates should know how to use Testflight, must have some experience with Tello and should not be technically challenged. :)

If interested send me your Email-Address (the one assigned in Testflight) in a private conversation so I can add you to the test group.

Last edited:
as said I need people who can test, not people who are eager to try something new. Testers have to meet a few requirements, and I prefer people with an IT background. I don't have the time to explain testflight or setup of apps, or how to reproduce and report a bug.

I have been contacted by several people who seem to think it's about playing with new toys...
Testing means: People help me to test the app so it gets ready for release, and of course they get the app as an incentive.
Testing does not mean: I educate people how to get the latest app or features ahead of time.

So anyone who doesn't meet requirements has to wait for the public release, sorry.

Last edited:
That’s ok. I understand not wasting your time. What will the app be ? Like your other one ?

The app is very different.

Its an app for just one thing: FollowMe / ActiveTrack

Tello can track a face, or a person, or groups of faces / persons. Tello can fly side by side of a person or ahead, or just follow from behind.

In a future version it may be able to also follow arbitrary objects (dog, horse, robotic lawn mower, whatever) and do a few things like circle around this object.

still waiting for the latest build to show up in TestFlight. Since yesterday so thats a new dimension of "slow"... With google this takes 3-4hrs maximum. Maybe Apple tries to dissuade me from bothering them.

This is going to be a slow test / release cycle

Just to be clear,

1, is this at your own risk testing?
2, are you using Alpha testers, or straight to Beta?
3, are you generating logs to communicate flight data?
4, I like it already!! (y)

1) whatever you do its always at your own risk.
2) alpha testing is done by myself only, beta is already pretty close to what can be released (minus little things like lack of messages)
3) no logs are generated, except crash logs provided by testflight
4) me too. Actually for me it works very well. Sadly due to bad weather I can only test indoors at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to test in a large gym over the weekend. Its just a matter of PID tuning

Yesterday's build was accepted for TestFlight so those who have received an invitation can start testing.

I think I forgot to mention one rule: Anyone publicly posting screen-recordings without prior approval will be removed from testing and banned for life - no exceptions!
This just causes too much trouble as I get tons of emails. Once the app is released you can of course post whatever you want.

Thanks for the clarifications. In a few weeks time the weather here will support testing.

Lets nail it!

The app is very different.

Its an app for just one thing: FollowMe / ActiveTrack

Tello can track a face, or a person, or groups of faces / persons. Tello can fly side by side of a person or ahead, or just follow

In a future version it may be able to also follow arbitrary objects (dog, horse, robotic lawn mower, whatever) and do a few things like circle around this object.
Are planning on a fpv type app for iOS ? I think a lot of us would love that.

Reactions: elJona
Are planning on a fpv type app for iOS ? I think a lot of us would love that.
I am an Android guy and have zero personal interest in IOS, so this is entirely a business decision. I will release the TelloMe app for both IOS and Android and decide based on download figures if its worth to start TelloFpv for IOS.

Hello, so far I know this forum, I saw that the app is launched on February 14, but I would like to know if there is still an opportunity to enter the iOS beta?

You need testflight installed, and I need your Apple email (via PN) to add you to the test roll

Reactions: dubucha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv