Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Iron Man drone has been found!!! /Need advice

KingRagnar

Reaction score
Maybe some have seen my previous posts but my son lost his Iron Man drone in the woods over a month ago. Well we had to wait for some snow and decent days to go out but after several searches it has been recovered! It was found on the ground so I assume it was covered in snow at some point. It turns on, camera works, and props spin but it won't take off. Any advice on how or what to try would be greatly appreciated. So far I've just removed both covers to assess any obvious damage. The outside still looks brand new and to my untrained eye the inside looks ok, although I assume water damage is a big possibility.20200222_180604.jpg20200222_180550.jpg

Looks ok to me. When I found mine I took as much apart as I could and left the bits in front of fans for a few hours.

Leave it somewhere warm and dry with plenty of airflow for at least a few hours. Then do a factory reset.

Reactions: KingRagnar
Awesome. We're leaving it to dry overnight and we'll take another look tomorrow. How long was yours missing?

Our had been gone a good 6 weeks if not longer. Tough to search in the winter and wr figured it was caught high up in a tree but luckily found it on the ground right at the edge of a clearing.

The longest I read reports of was 4 months. First a few weeks hanging in a tree, then at some point it dropped to the ground and was buried under snow for weeks. No problems reported other than a dead battery

Maybe some have seen my previous posts but my son lost his Iron Man drone in the woods over a month ago. Well we had to wait for some snow and decent days to go out but after several searches it has been recovered! It was found on the ground so I assume it was covered in snow at some point. It turns on, camera works, and props spin but it won't take off. Any advice on how or what to try would be greatly appreciated. So far I've just removed both covers to assess any obvious damage. The outside still looks brand new and to my untrained eye the inside looks ok, although I assume water damage is a big possibility.View attachment 5730View attachment 5731
Mine went in the dish water and the dogs Water bucket. Both times I placed it on my fash under with the truck under a tree,100+f outside. It still fly's good luck.

Reactions: KingRagnar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv