Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

It's time to remove propeller guards: Jello effect gone and Flight time enlarged

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

I have flown tello for two months using propeller guards. At first I hit some walls, but quickly learned how to fly and my flights become safer.

But, oddly, propeller guards remains attached to my Tello. I had no reason to remove them... but I was wrong. I tried it and I have to tell you loud and clear:

REMOVE PROPELLER GUARDS FROM YOUR TELLO

I'll give you three reasons:

-Flight time is extended by 25%. It passed from 8 minutes to 10 minutes. That it's much longer ! Take into account I always land with at least 20% of battery capacity remains.

-Above all, Jello effect / wavy video / image vibrations have disappeared forever ! . Now my videos are much better than before, even into strong winds.

-In general maneuverability has improved. Now I can fly into stronger winds with no need to enable FAST mode.

I hope it helps

Raul

tello with propeller guards.jpgtello without propeller guards.jpg

Last edited:
this is true for every done. Actually I removed the prop guarguarsds when tello arrived.

I ordered a fully enclosing cage for experimental programming. This hasn't arrived yet from China but i expect it to cut flight times in half and make tello sluggish. But better than ordering several spare tello for every mistake in my programs

Reactions: CruxMuzic
Just tried 3 flights with, and 3 flights without the prop guards. Average flight times were 11:20 with them on, and 13:38 with the guards removed. That's 20.2% more flight time, or 1/5 better efficency with them off. Think they're off to stay at this point, as 2+ minutes of extra flight time is pretty significant. Initially, I was a little disappointed with the 11 minutes after the specs claimed 13. Now I know why.

Reactions: mork

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode