Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Made my Own 3D printed Mirror Mount. One Problem/Flipped Video

STR4NGE

Reaction score
Hello, new here.

So I made a mirror mount to see directly down but I have a problem. Everything I see now is a mirror image... So forwards is backwards and left is right. Does any know of a way that I can use an app/software and flip the forward camera image while flying? I use TelloFPV with a controller currently. I can lock the screen and turn it upside down but that doesn;t help me going left/right. Ideally i'd like to be able to turn on/off mirror image. Is their any software that I could get started with to accomplish this? Thanks for any input

photo_2022-09-08_23-24-51.jpgphoto_2022-09-08_23-44-05.jpg

EDIT**** I Will absolutly post the file. It needs some slight tweaking on the clips and model/geometry errors.

Last edited:
For the app, I see no solution.

If software development on a PC is your friend and you can use a SDK, you can apply transformations on the videostream.

By the way:
Tello EDU allows to read out the downward facing cam.

Last edited:
Please post the *.stl file;, thanks. Great work! Cannot help with the flip. The CV comment looks good. May be able to add another flip lens/device or find a tv signal device that will flip the scene. Ths always a problem, with lens mirroring. I will look into my video equipment and see if any of these devices will do the flip of an input signal. There are other on YouTube that have made mirror. may ask them if they can do it. i.e. SHEMAPS

Can you post the stl model , if you please?

I will post as soon as I get some of the model errors out and i'm convinced the view is strait down. May take me a few days to print/test/write up.

Python OpenCV – cv2.flip() method​

I assume this is in Tello EDU?

For the app, I see no solution.

If software development on a PC is your friend and you can use a SDK, you can apply transformations on the videostream.

By the way:
Tello EDU allows to read out the downard facing cam.
Thank you. I'll check out Tello EDU see what I can mess with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv