Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mavic Air vs. Tello

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I forgot to say that i current fly in slow mode of the tello. I think in this case the tello is more like a Trabant :p when we compare it to the mavic
Trabant - Wikipedia
Now you are being unfair. There are a lot of worse drones that are more expensive.

But back to my first question? What do you think are the biggest practical differences to the tello?
Speed you said. Anything else to mention?
Main concern is breaking and handling. A drone going 35 kph does not turn or stop the same way. Obstacles that can't be seen through the screen (cabled, branches, etc), birds do attack drones, distractions from people around you, sun glare, heavy winds, etc

Reactions: sfs-archery
The Mavic Pro and the Air and the Spark are in the range. But i will take the drone with me when i am doing sports. (3D Archery)
And there i like less weight as possible. Thats why the Mavic Air is my favorite, even when the Mavic pro looks very good.
Additional i will fly inside forest. So i thin the anti-collisions system of the mavic air would be good. I do not like to crash the drone into a tree,...
If you are deciding on a Spark vs Air, by all means, get the Air. It has newer tech over the Spark, better connection, better camera, better options on the camera. Do yourself a favor and go with the Air. I owned a Spark and then I bought the Air and sold ole Sparkie.

My first drone was a Spark and it's great! It took me a year to learn about uav's and really learn how to use the camera.
I bought a Tello in the spring and now I'm using it a bunch because it's a "toy" under .55lbs so I can fly it anywhere.
I bought a Magic Air six weeks ago and it kicks ***. Get the Flymore package. It packs down so small, easy to throw in any bag with the rest of your gear. This is a serious piece of equipment and the camera is great. It's loud, it's powerful and with some ND filters and some time learning the settings it'll do whatever you want.
It's a legit drone so take it slowly and learn your ****, including airspace regs.
You won't regret the getting the Air, it's great to learn on and its good enough that you won't outgrow it.
Get it now!

my first drone was syma x12s nano. i learned some fly basics with it. then i bought a wltoys q393 and i got more experiences. then i bought a syma x22 . and then tello.
and about 3 weeks ago i bought DJI spark. in my opinion its critical to learn everything step by step if you want to become a expert.
after about 7 hours of flight time im still learning and trying new things.
and my next drone will be mavic 2 pro. after i mastered in every aspects of flying, aerial photography and ...

my first drone was syma x12s nano. i learned some fly basics with it. then i bought a wltoys q393 and i got more experiences. then i bought a syma x22 . and then tello.
and about 3 weeks ago i bought DJI spark. in my opinion its critical to learn everything step by step if you want to become a expert.
after about 7 hours of flight time im still learning and trying new things.
and my next drone will be mavic 2 pro. after i mastered in every aspects of flying, aerial photography and ...
I went the other way. I bought a Phantom 4 Pro, then got the Tello. In my experience, more expensive drones are easier to fly than the toy drones.

I went the other way. I bought a Phantom 4 Pro, then got the Tello. In my experience, more expensive drones are easier to fly than the toy drones.

Yeah, you're right. They're easier to fly but with toy drones you have to learn flying by your own and there for you can be a better pilot. And the experiences you got can be useful with your pro drone.

Yeah, you're right. They're easier to fly but with toy drones you have to learn flying by your own and there for you can be a better pilot. And the experiences you got can be useful with your pro drone.
I like crashing mine. I don’t do it on purpose, but I am not as paranoid when flying the Tello, as I am the Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode