Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Money

Floyd75

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can make money from this hobby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the bigger drones yes. like the Mavic and the inspire. 5BBCC130-E8A4-478A-ACEB-E2F6AF42D5D4.png

Does anybody know if you can make money from this hobby?
You can build an IOS app for it :)
Seriously I get requests for an IOS version all the time.

But you won't get rich - far from. Based on the development hours I would be better off if I did the lowest paid job I could find in the neighborhood. The kids mowing the lawn earn more per hour than I do from TelloFpv. As a freelance programmer I could easily earn 20x as much as TelloFpv pays me but I'm not here for the money. For me it's a hobby that offers some financial benefits.
Thats the main reason there will never be an IOS version of TelloFpv: I don't need it for myself and it will never pay enough money to make sense just from a financial point of view.

Last edited:
You can build an IOS app for it :)
Seriously I get requests for an IOS version all the time.

But you won't get rich - far from. Based on the development hours I would be better off if I did the lowest paid job I could find in the neighborhood. The kids mowing the lawn earn more per hour than I do from TelloFpv. As a freelance programmer I could easily earn 20x as much as TelloFpv pays me but I'm not here for the money. For me it's a hobby that offers some financial benefits.
Thats the main reason there will never be an IOS version of TelloFpv. I don't need it for myself and it will never pay enough money to be worth the effort.

I like your outlook on your endeavor. It’s good to know that you are not in it for the money, rather the love of the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not a lawyer, have never played one on TV, and haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in years. But, I believe commercial use of a drone - regardless of size, weight, amount of remuneration, etc. - requires a license (to be legal). You’ll likely need a local business permit/ license as well

I’ve read of hefty fines being levied against realtors who pay a friend to take aerials of their properties for sale. Flying above a neighbor’s property is already a subject of debate regarding its legalities and common expectations of privacy.

I urge caution.

I took my test right before the shut down. Now waiting for the shutdown to end cause they arent processing any new results atm ...smh :(

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
After that, when you register with the faa with your test results, there is a 2 month waiting period for your certificate card to arrive.

They do give you a temporary flight certificate so you can fly while you wait. The blue slip on top is my drone's registration slip, that you must always carry when you fly.
20190117_185247.jpg

I tried to upload on the faa website and put in the test code but nothing came up

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv