Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Motor polarity CW as CCW

ITZ G1

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just snapped a motor cable (from the base of the motor), to impatient to find my prop removal tool (I'll learn!) :-/

I have a spare motor, but it's the wrong 'rotation'. Can I use a CW motor on an CCW arm by wiring it up backwards? My understanding of electronics would suggest so but is there anything built in (diodes?) that would stop this working? As all the spares I've found come in 'pairs' I get an inkling it's not that simple!

Attachments

• WIN_20190420_11_29_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190420_11_29_12_Pro.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 26
try reversing the cable when soldered
Hi all, I've just snapped a motor cable (from the base of the motor), to impatient to find my prop removal tool (I'll learn!) :-/

I have a spare motor, but it's the wrong 'rotation'. Can I use a CW motor on an CCW arm by wiring it up backwards? My understanding of electronics would suggest so but is there anything built in (diodes?) that would stop this working? As all the spares I've found come in 'pairs' I get an inkling it's not that simple!

try reversing the cable when soldered

So, have you done it by reversing the direction of the cable? not successful? This should work. otherwise you have to check the flowing DC current. match everything.

I have done it in the past. Motor still works Tello flies just fine :) just reverse the polarity of your wires.

Reactions: umanbean
you can do this but lifetime will be shortened significantly.
The little brushes in the motor are directional, and don't like to be run in reverse for extended periods.

Reactions: DRB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv