Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Multiple Drones

Two MPs and a Tello plus a wall hanger custom that will probably never fly.
Thinking of a Spark or Air too but on the fence on those.
Tello is real likable and already has more time on it than the Pros which are still in beginner mode as I like to take my time and do it right.
Tello is very portable and quick to use plus no fear of flying illegal by mistake.

2 MPs? you might want to go with a Mavic Air.

Thinking on it.
One Pro is lost in the US mail at the moment and they're scrambling to excuse themselves of their responsibility to deal with it.
I'm on the fence about the Air or the Spark.
Air sounds interesting plus it's got a controller.

This pic is over a year old. Since then I have added another MP, P4P, MA, S1000 and a Tello. Yes they all still fly and have never been crashed.
Guess I will have to pull them all back out for a updated photo shoot.;)
myfleet1.jpg
Sooo... I've just gotta ask... Why so many?

Two MPs and a Tello plus a wall hanger custom that will probably never fly.
Thinking of a Spark or Air too but on the fence on those.
Tello is real likable and already has more time on it than the Pros which are still in beginner mode as I like to take my time and do it right.
Tello is very portable and quick to use plus no fear of flying illegal by mistake.
You're doing it right I think, enjoy the hobby,procede at your own pace.

Reactions: Yo-dude
Thinking on it.
One Pro is lost in the US mail at the moment and they're scrambling to excuse themselves of their responsibility to deal with it.
I'm on the fence about the Air or the Spark.
Air sounds interesting plus it's got a controller.

Yeah if you get the Spark, go ahead and get the fly more pack, you will need most of the stuff...batteries, charger etc. AND controller. It works our price wise , even if you don't use the carry case. I have both the Spark and M Air. The range and the cool quick shoot functions on M Air only, like Asteroid and Bomerang were the clinchers for me. Now that I have it... I am afraid my little Spark might get neglected. The M.Air literally fits in one pocket, with the controller in the other. And it has a far superior camera. My 2 cents anyway.

Sooo... I've just gotta ask... Why so many?
I’ve been doing aerial photography since the early 90’s. Also being a dealer and technician the last few years has it’s benefits along with pricing and cost. Not to mention it’s my main hobby and interest. I just can’t let go of my fleet. Each aircraft have their purpose.;)

I've been impressed with the Tello. It's a very forgiving aircraft to fly. It looks a bit delicate, but I can tell you from personal experience, it's tough. I just got my spare batteries, so I'll be able to practice more between charging cycles (but the charging cycles will be longer, since the batteries must be charged in the quad). Speaking of charging, I'm waiting for a company called Wasabi (you can see their chargers on Amazon) releases a charger, if Ryze doesn't. They usually make nice chargers that can use either house current or USB as their power source. I have two of them for a couple of cameras I have. The chargers on Amazon currently available will only work on house current. I often travel to places that would require a shockingly long extension cord for the chargers....

I’ve been doing aerial photography since the early 90’s. Also being a dealer and technician the last few years has it’s benefits along with pricing and cost. Not to mention it’s my main hobby and interest. I just can’t let go of my fleet. Each aircraft have their purpose.;)
I'm a grounded photographer. Love photography and do a lot of free work for non-profits when I'm not taking photos for the art and pleasure of it. I'd LOVE to be able to afford an Inspire or equivalent. I've seen them demo'd at drone shows, and they are truly impressive. There was a movie recently (can't remember the name of it) that actually used Inspires with the high-end lenses for some of their overhead shots. Sadly, the budget is a demanding mistress. Mavic Pro is likely as sophisticated as it's going to get for me. Not that I'm complaining. There's children in Bangladesh who can only afford Tellos.

Mavic Pro and Spark. Bought the Mavic first but found it attracted too much attention (I live in an area with restricted flying locations). The Spark was smaller, less obtrusive and easily dismissed by most people as a 'toy'. Now the Tello is here and even smaller. Hmm, definite possibilities. ;)

Mavic Pro and Spark. Bought the Mavic first but found it attracted too much attention (I live in an area with restricted flying locations). The Spark was smaller, less obtrusive and easily dismissed by most people as a 'toy'. Now the Tello is here and even smaller. Hmm, definite possibilities. ;)

Yes you should get one. At 80 grams and no GPS no real restriction issues. The Tello really is seen as a toy, much more than the Spark. But as l wrote you before, its camera is not a toy. Sounds like you resolve want one. It is limited range wise but. . . Worth it.

I have a couple Parrot AR 2 Yuneec Breeze Q500 3DR Solo and Tello in my list down the road is the Spark and the h920

Hubsan
Tello
Phantom 2
FlameWheel 450 with DJI NAZE_mV2 fully loaded
CarbonBird Recon with NAZE lite updated to M V2
Building a Trifecta now...

had a flamewheel 550 fully loaded...it flew away! Have yet to find it:cry:

I own a bunch of drones.
  • DJI Inspire
  • DJI Phantom 4
  • DJI Mavic Pro
  • DJI Mavic Air
  • DJI Spark
  • Ryze Tello
  • Quadrysteria Crossbones (2)
  • Luminer QAV-R
  • And a bunch of smaller FPV drones
Previously owned Phantom 3 Pro, Yuneec Typhoon H and Yuneen Q500...

Of all these drones, I really liked the Typhoon H features and capabilities. I sold it as they needed to work out some of the bugs. With that said, Yuneec has by far the BEST customer service.

I don't have "least" favorite, but my Mavic Air probably sits the on the shelf most. IMO, its just a Spark with a few more features and better camera. IMO, not worth the price. Better to spend a couple hundred more and get a Mavic Pro buy a used Mavic Pro as they are going at a pretty good price...

I own a bunch of drones.
  • DJI Inspire
  • DJI Phantom 4
  • DJI Mavic Pro
  • DJI Mavic Air
  • DJI Spark
  • Ryze Tello
  • Quadrysteria Crossbones (2)
  • Luminer QAV-R
  • And a bunch of smaller FPV drones
Previously owned Phantom 3 Pro, Yuneec Typhoon H and Yuneen Q500...

Of all these drones, I really liked the Typhoon H features and capabilities. I sold it as they needed to work out some of the bugs. With that said, Yuneec has by far the BEST customer service.

I don't have "least" favorite, but my Mavic Air probably sits the on the shelf most. IMO, its just a Spark with a few more features and better camera. IMO, not worth the price. Better to spend a couple hundred more and get a Mavic Pro buy a used Mavic Pro as they are going at a pretty good price...

How do you like you Inspire? How does it compare to say your Phantom 4? I have a similar collection but have resisted getting an Inspire. Wondering what they are like to fly>

My Inspire is the Inspire 1 v2 - I like that it doesn't have all the "nanny-aides". For example I could come screaming in and land it, unlike the Mavics which slows way down before landing. It doesn't constantly flash warning, like excessive wind speed, or other annoying warnings. On the downside is battery life. Very short by todays standards; 15ish minutes.

I actually prefer my P4. Longer flight times and it does just about everything I need. The camera on the P4 is also good enough for my needs. I hate to say that the Inspire sits most of the time as my other drones can do what I need and are more portable.

How do you like you Inspire? How does it compare to say your Phantom 4? I have a similar collection but have resisted getting an Inspire. Wondering what they are like to fly>

My Inspire is the Inspire 1 v2 - I like that it doesn't have all the "nanny-aides". For example I could come screaming in and land it, unlike the Mavics which slows way down before landing. It doesn't constantly flash warning, like excessive wind speed, or other annoying warnings. On the downside is battery life. Very short by todays standards; 15ish minutes.

I actually prefer my P4. Longer flight times and it does just about everything I need. The camera on the P4 is also good enough for my needs. I hate to say that the Inspire sits most of the time as my other drones can do what I need and are more portable.

Thanks alot TelloJoe. I was anxious to hear from you. I have always wondered. I am a little suprised about the battery/flight time.
A camera/sound guy l work with sometimes, sniffs when l mention using a P4, saying its not an Inspire. The guy has never flown let alone touched a drone. In the end for me it has been size, as l travel to often inacessible places. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv