Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Multiple tello working in same place

sandymer

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Myself sandeep and am to working with drones. Me and few of my friends has each bought a tello. We have a doubt if we all can fly around and see or do a short race for fun in the same place.
I wanted to know if tello will have a problem to fly around or Bluetooth interference when 5 drones has to be connected and to fly at the same place?

it maybe very basic question for some but it would be really helpful if someone can clear it out.

Thanking you!!

Have you had a look at the Tello manual already? IIRC it pretty clearly states that Tello is controlled via WiFi (otherwise you wouldn't be able to fly more than a few meters....)

Unless you connect a BT controller to the phone you can (and should) run the phone in flight mode (only WiFi switched on of course)

Reactions: sandymer
Tello is designed to be able to fly in swarms and in multiples controlled individually. It selects a Wifi channel "less" occupied if possible. When you power up a second Tello it does the same and so on. Everything is always subject to interference. So the less the better. Here is a snap shot of the interference in my home. You can see the 2 Tello's are "in the clear" so to speak. If I reboot them they will most likely choose a different channel on start up. So if one or 2 of your 5 have trouble, try re-booting them. Mi Wifi extenders would really help also. They will automatically switch to whichever channel Tello boots up to. Flying 5 sounds like fun! Good luck! Happy crashing! :ROFLMAO:
NormalAppImage(4).png

Reactions: sandymer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode