Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My firts flys

for this one, Tello app. But i will try TelloFPV with PS3 controller with an OTG cable. I have made some quick tests ans it works fine

Thank you Bluefz6s. If you take a video when you try the TelloFPV app I would be interested in your observation, if one app takes a higher resolution video than the other. And if so, which one. Thanks again.

no problem, Jerry. This we i'll try video with TelloFPV. I will give you my comments

Hello, i have made some tests with TelloFV.
No more résolution with this app, but logic, because camera is 720p . It is more easier to control Tello with an external controller. With an old ps3 controller and OTG cable, it works fine with a galaxy S8+, but not Huawei, others, i don't know.
To have a video without ( too much ) drop frame, you have to be careful not to have too quick rotation or monvements, and till you can see Tello , it's OK.
Settings on 4Mb bitrate.
Tello is a pretty good drone for price, but don't ask him what he can't do ;). If you keep that in mind, you will enjoy some funny videos.
Hope this can help you

Hello Blue. Thanks very much for your report. The Tello is a fun and inexpensive unit. I like it a lot. I agree that the video quality is just ok...not professional quality and there is almost always some video frame drop, but still, they are usually interesting and enjoyable anyway.

Fwiw, here's my observation regarding the 2 apps. To my eyes the OEM app has a finer overall image resolution when compared against the TelloFPV, regardless of bitrate settings in each of the apps. Also, the OEM sends smoother video without the periodic blur caused by TelloFPV's IFrame interval utility.

I took a look into the Properties-Details of video files that the 2 apps make and compared the average video overall bitrates;
OEM app 10000kbps
TelloFPV 3000kbps

Those 2 numbers seem to indicate that the OEM app does in fact send somewhat higher resolution videos. At this point, my draw to the drone is making "cinematic" videos and getting "bird's eye views"of interesting things and places, as opposed to sport flying. Hats off to volate!lo for writing a more robust and powerful flying app for the Tello compared to the somewhat limited OEM app., but for me, I prefer the OEM app's video results. I've read and been educated by many of the threads here. Great forum. A few times, where volate!lo has participated, he has mentioned his interest in regards to flying the Tello is to Fly it and that video is lower on his priority list, so perhaps the different video qualities reflect this. Anywhoo, as soon as I save up enough pennies I plan on getting a drone with high video res.

Thanks again Bluefz6s. A pleasure chatting with you.

Hello,
thanks for your notes about OEM app. I have the same idea to make some quality views in a near future. But i first try and learn with tello. I think it is a very nice tool for that. And not expensive. When i willbe ok, my goal is to buy a mavic mini with a good video quality.
Have a good day

Hello Blue. Thanks very much for your report. The Tello is a fun and inexpensive unit. I like it a lot. I agree that the video quality is just ok...not professional quality and there is almost always some video frame drop, but still, they are usually interesting and enjoyable anyway.

Fwiw, here's my observation regarding the 2 apps. To my eyes the OEM app has a finer overall image resolution when compared against the TelloFPV, regardless of bitrate settings in each of the apps. Also, the OEM sends smoother video without the periodic blur caused by TelloFPV's IFrame interval utility.

I took a look into the Properties-Details of video files that the 2 apps make and compared the average video overall bitrates;
OEM app 10000kbps
TelloFPV 3000kbps

Those 2 numbers seem to indicate that the OEM app does in fact send somewhat higher resolution videos. At this point, my draw to the drone is making "cinematic" videos and getting "bird's eye views"of interesting things and places, as opposed to sport flying. Hats off to volate!lo for writing a more robust and powerful flying app for the Tello compared to the somewhat limited OEM app., but for me, I prefer the OEM app's video results. I've read and been educated by many of the threads here. Great forum. A few times, where volate!lo has participated, he has mentioned his interest in regards to flying the Tello is to Fly it and that video is lower on his priority list, so perhaps the different video qualities reflect this. Anywhoo, as soon as I save up enough pennies I plan on getting a drone with high video res.

Thanks again Bluefz6s. A pleasure chatting with you.

Please set the iFrame period to as large setting as possible to reduce the periodic flicker. This is to repair a broken video stream (pixel garbage) in case a transmission error is unnoticed. If you have a stable wifi link without interference you can set it to max, and never be bothered with the flicker.

As for the bitrates: Tello only sends 4Mbps max. Of course I can save it with 10mbps like the stock app, but that doesn't change overal video MBPS. Only bloated files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan