Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My personal range record

I took the insides out of the MI range extender, soldered SMS connectors on the antenna spots on the board ( there are two) soldered an old usb cable for power, put the whole mess in a plastic project, box, added an old 4Hawks antenna I had laying around and now I can easily go out over 1/2 mile before the signal starts to drop. I have plans to put two-2 watt boosters on the rig with the goal being a mile. I might add an external antenna to the Tello itself. Don’t say impossible because I regularly fly my Mavic 2 Zoom out 6 miles, which most people say is not possible. I do recommend the Marco Polo tracker (12 grams), which the Tello handles without a problem because I run with the prop guards removed.

Reactions: JacekJagosz
6mi out is 19.3km roundtrip. Maximum roundtrip distance of the Mavic is 18km according to DJI spec. you must have lots of faith in your mavic batteries... ;)

6mi out is 19.3km roundtrip. Maximum roundtrip distance of the Mavic is 18km according to DJI spec. you must have lots of faith in your mavic batteries... ;)
DJI also says the Smart Controller is good fo 4.8 miles, it will vary do 4. I saw Dustin Dunnill do it on his channel. Great channel so I thought I’d try it and it will do it. I also have a Marco Polo tracker just in case. You have to have 0 to no more than 2 mph wind and go out into the wind. Under these conditions, I have less than 5% left when I land. Also you have to come back in RTH with the stick full forward.

Today I had a new personal best with my Tello .Right now it is 3,072 feet with the rig in the photos. I am planning to add 2-2watt power boosters to get out to a mile.670050A2-3ACF-4B88-9FED-554D6C18BCF1.jpeg32756473-0CF6-45B9-9217-FB33112BDF1E.jpegACEC95C1-E22B-4FE5-9114-12C0796CA41F.jpeg

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode