Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My propeller is on but the drone isn't flying

Mason

Reaction score
My drone propeller is activated but it just wasn't flying at all, the propeller just spun like 4 seconds and it shuts down and drone was just on the ground

Was the Tello working before or is this the first flight? Did it crash? Any other details?

Are the propeller positioned correctly (or damaged)? The props with the marks should be located at the 10 and 4 o' clock positions (battery facing the rear).

Are the motor shafts bent or have dirt; hair wrapped around it?

Do any of the motors feel hotter than the rest?

Assuming you're taking off in a well lit environment? Batter(ies) are fresh and fully charged?

No other installed accessories that would weigh down the Tello?

Try cleaning the VPS camera (located between the IR emitter/receiver) with a soft material.

Reactions: Mason and Kyle Knox
Was the Tello working before or is this the first flight? Did it crash? Any other details?

Are the propeller positioned correctly (or damaged)? The props with the marks should be located at the 10 and 4 o' clock positions (battery facing the rear).

Assuming you're taking off in a well lit environment? Batter(ies) are fresh and fully charged?

Try cleaning the VPS camera (located between the IR emitter/receiver) with a soft material.
I agree. It is probably. The wrong prop for that location.

They are scratches on the propeller blades though

Hey @Mason - trying to get you flying again but can you elaborate on what you've tried, identified or possibly narrowed down?

Prop scratches wouldn't necessarily prevent drone take off. Bent props perhaps? As mentioned, the props at the 10 and 4 should have marks and spin counter-clockwise (CCW). Can you post a pic or the prop condition?

Is this Tello new or used? Any idea what the lifespan (flight hours) is on the motors?

Hey @Mason - trying to get you flying again but can you elaborate on what you've tried, identified or possibly narrowed down?

Prop scratches wouldn't necessarily prevent drone take off. Bent props perhaps? As mentioned, the props at the 10 and 4 should have marks and spin counter-clockwise (CCW). Can you post a pic or the prop condition?

Is this Tello new or used? Any idea what the lifespan (flight hours) is on the motors?
Oh nevermind, I figured it out.. I found the marks on the propeller and I placed it according to your CCW.. thanks:))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843