Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Need HELP with Xiaomi Wifi Repeater 2!

radugsix

Reaction score
Website
radugoada.blogspot.ro
I went in plain field with my Tello and my Xiaomi wifi repeater 2 all setup and connected successfully. But can’t go more than 135-160m in range. Anyone knows why? I’ve solder even 2 powerful antennas on the board and still the same range. Please, need help!
Antennas are 2.4 Ghz 5dbi each
The xiaomi bord is brand new and original

Enfors

Reaction score
I went in plain field with my Tello and my Xiaomi wifi repeater 2 all setup and connected successfully. But can’t go more than 135-160m in range. Anyone knows why? I’ve solder even 2 powerful antennas on the board and still the same range. Please, need help!
Antennas are 2.4 Ghz 5dbi each
The xiaomi bord is brand new and original
I thought 100 meters was about how far you were supposed to be able to go with it?

Reactions: umanbean

ZWActual

Reaction score
Assuming you're already elevating the repeater as high as possible and have it situated between the controller and the drone, take a look at @raulvolador's setup.

radugsix

Reaction score
Website
radugoada.blogspot.ro
Assuming you're already elevating the repeater as high as possible and have it situated between the controller and the drone, take a look at @raulvolador's setup.
Yes, wifi repeater must be kept at a certain distance above the ground level, also between the user and the drone. But haven't tried with Windsurfer, thank you. I will try test again after building one, hopefully it helps.

Reactions: ZWActual

umanbean

Reaction score
160 meters sounds pretty good to me, I wouldn't want to fly mine much farther away than that because I like to keep it in VLOS

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afrestrepo