Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Android App: TelloMe (FollowMe for Tello)

please post screenshot of each codec test run
Sorry for offtop @volate!lo, but want to contact whith you. I buy a pro version, its fine works. But have a entreaty. May you add to app a possible to load a custom file with tello api commands. Or add function of save user custom movements for create a individual behaviour scene of drone. For example, the drone is following me, and at a certain moment I can switch its behavior to my predetermined trajectory. It seems to me that this functionality is not difficult to add and it will greatly increase the interest in your application.
I'm just tired of looking for such functionality.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

I don't think this fits into any of my apps. There are other apps that can handle API commands, like droneblocks. Sorry but for me this is out of scope.

I don't think this fits into any of my apps. There are other apps that can handle API commands, like droneblocks. Sorry but for me this is out of scope.
Too bad (. Drone blocks don't have a gui joystick and video stream. On a PC, this is easy to do. I just save the command log and then run it. but it's inconvenient to carry a laptop with me all the time.

TelloFpv doesn't use the SDK mode and doesn't record commands so this is neither easy to implement nor does it fit into the overall application concept.
Sorry

Both TelloMe and TelloFpv have been kicked out of Android's Play Store last week for not being fit for Android 13 :rolleyes:

I released the update for TelloMe yesterday so that one should be fine. If you find any issues please report here or in the FB groups.
TelloFpv will take another day or two.

Both TelloMe and TelloFpv have been kicked out of Android's Play Store last week for not being fit for Android 13 :rolleyes:

I released the update for TelloMe yesterday so that one should be fine. If you find any issues please report here or in the FB groups.
TelloFpv will take another day or two.
Thank you for keeping these awesome apps going

Reactions: volate!lo
Both TelloFpv, TelloMe and the free demo version of TelloFpv are back in the store, and now compatible with Android 13.

Minor issue remoain (no sound recording for Android 12+, no sound notifications) but I will look into these next week.

For direct links see my signature

Reactions: The_5treet
Hi all,
at the TelloMe page on PlayStore is written, "This is not a free fully functional app but a demo version to test compatibility with your phone before purchasing. The demo carries several restriction (no video recording, no screen recording, limited testing period)."
I can't find any full version, please, where it can be found ?

Just test the demo version you found and if it works for you then just unlock the full version from the menu (first menu item)

Sorry but the android version doesnt have object follow. Only IOS has this. These are entirely different apps that just look similar but use different technology

I just released a fully reworked version of TelloMe Android, v1.2.0. And this one is super slick!

It comes with a Selfie Stick mode. With this mode Tello will stay in front of you - even if you turn around Tello will circle around you so it will end up in front of you. All while keeping you in frame.

This works for best for "Track Person" as this uses the full body to calculate the position. With "Track Face" it uses the head position instead which works well technically - but its hard to keep the head movement under control at all times. Look at an approaching car and tello may smash into it!

Person tracking is on another level in this release. With no other people and no obstacles around you can expect Tello to simply follow you until the battery runs flat. Walking and slow running are OK. I think a bicycle or electric scooter should work if going slow, albeit with higher risk of target loss. Sudden changes in direction are of course a challenge for Parallel mode and Selfie Stick mode. Not so much for simple Follow / Trace.

This version also finally has audio recording.

Minimum phone requirement are mor or less the same. Face detection is even faster than before. Minimum is something like a Galaxy S7 with Android 8, but that is really the minimum and more powerful devices are receommended. Newer devices give better tracking and more control speed (drone speed is throttled for lower spec phones).

The App can be downloaded for free on PlayStore but the free version does not record any video. You can unlock this from the first menu item via an in-app purchase.

If you enable the debug settings you will see some funny wire puppets while tracking a single person. TelloMe uses pose estimation now which is the reason for the massive improvement in bad light and more accurate distance calculation. With the new tracking quality a 20-25m dronie should be possible (I will give this a try in the next release).
Now pose estimation opens up quite a few possibilities for pose / gesture control. I will see what I can do about it. As a first step towards a "hands free" mode there is "Tap takeoff": Tap 3x on Tellos camera to initiate a throw takeoff. More to follow

PS: The most important factor regarding video quality is interference! The best way to good video is to activate airplane mode on the phone and re-enable only wifi. That does not the same things as switching off BT and cellular data!

Hi, first well done on the 2 apps, that's amazing job.
I'm just wondering how can I adjust the video settings on tellome as tellofpv. I'm talking about bitrate and intervals iframe.

Thanks.

Reactions: volate!lo
The video settings are fixed in Tellome, preferring video stability over video quality. Its limited to 3mbps.

Thanks for your reply. I understand that stability is more important in order to analyze video to give orders to the drone.

But, maybe with powerful devices we can increase quality video without losing stability.

It's all about video stream stability and the only factor I can tweak is the bitrate. Unfortunately device performance has no impact on this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan