Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: Drone Keyboard

dnomak

Reaction score
Website
dnomak.com
Hi everyone,

I have developed a Drone Keyboard project which provides to control the drone from this special keyboard. I have completed this project with VueJs and Electron. You can run this project in your local, or you can download the app.

dnomak.com/drone-keyboard

It is built for achieving maximum performance on drone control and video stream. I claim that this app is running better than Tello drone app. Try and see :) here is my repo: github.com/dnomak/drone-keyboard

I hope you enjoy! Waiting your thoughts and comments!

Last edited:
Nice app, after a few hiccups with installing the required player got it to work - video streaming is nice.

Is the app supposed to open a new browser window when i send streamon command?

Nice app, after a few hiccups with installing the required player got it to work - video streaming is nice.

Is the app supposed to open a new browser window when i send streamon command?

Thanks for your comment chmiki! After ‘streamon’ command, the most easy way to show video stream on udp://192.168.10.1:11111 is VXG Chrome Extension. So it should run on a new tab, not in Electron. It is possible to download ffmpeg and so on to run video stream in electron but this way is a bit hard and performance of VXG is better than ffmpeg. So I chose this way. But l will continue to develop this project and will try to find better solutions.

Reactions: umanbean
Thanks for the response!

I'm developing tellometrik/tellometrik and got the video streams running with mplayer, ffmpeg and jmuxer in the electron app. After looking into vxg player and playing a bit with it i got it to play the stream inside a nw.js desktop app without it opening a separate chrome tab.

But vxg player licenses are confusing - it is not clear can we use their software in an open sourced app. Have you contacted them on usage of their vxg player in your project?

Thanks for the response!

I'm developing tellometrik/tellometrik and got the video streams running with mplayer, ffmpeg and jmuxer in the electron app. After looking into vxg player and playing a bit with it i got it to play the stream inside a nw.js desktop app without it opening a separate chrome tab.

But vxg player licenses are confusing - it is not clear can we use their software in an open sourced app. Have you contacted them on usage of their vxg player in your project?

Im confused about the license too. I got in contact with VXG player, inform them about my app, send videos and details. They told me this usage is free. I think they like the app, this the comment of VXG Player :)

Thanks for the detailed response! Just to be sure i've sent them a question on usage in os projects over their web form

Nice project! Thanks for sharing your work!

Hi,

So I tried to set this up. And it I connected to the drone to my Mac, added the VXG extension. I then clicked connect and the then clicked shift to open the new stream. And it opened a tab on chrome "http://localhost:2020/?stream=on" only in the top left corner it said "disconnected" and nothing worked. Do you have any recommendations on how to fix this problem?

Hi,

So I tried to set this up. And it I connected to the drone to my Mac, added the VXG extension. I then clicked connect and the then clicked shift to open the new stream. And it opened a tab on chrome "http://localhost:2020/?stream=on" only in the top left corner it said "disconnected" and nothing worked. Do you have any recommendations on how to fix this problem?
Hi, same symptoms here, do my headin:(

This may be a bit late but I was able to fix that problem by doing this:

Native Client flag

Native Client is automatically enabled for applications that are installed from the Chrome Web Store. To enable Native Client for applications that are not installed from the Chrome Web Store, you must explicitly turn on the Native Client flag in Chrome as follows:

1. Type about:flags in the Chrome address bar.
  2. Scroll down to “Native Client”.
  3. If the link below “Native Client” says “Disable”, then Native Client is already enabled and you don’t need to do anything else.
  4. If the link below “Native Client” says “Enable”:
    • Click the “Enable” link.
    • Click the “Relaunch Now” button in the bottom of the screen. Native Client will not be enabled until you relaunch your browser. All browser windows will restart when you relaunch Chrome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv