Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hi there,

both color selection and flight log export / import represent quite some effort.
Sadly it would have been easy to do the color selection initially, but I took a shortcut very early in the process and now its tons of effort to correct this :cry:
Export / Import has been on the list for a while. I will see what I can do

V
Hi V,
Thanks. No harm done! :)

Looks like you had a good time, and the video looks great!
Have you tried to set a fixed EV to reduce the flickering? I think this is Tello's camera doing its automagic EV thing
Ok
It's windy now.
If
Looks like you had a good time, and the video looks great!
Have you tried to set a fixed EV to reduce the flickering? I think this is Tello's camera doing its automagic EV thing
Ok
I'll try it
Thanks

One question, is the Parrot Flypad compatible with TelloFPV? And it is also true that that Flypad can be connected via cable to work in the app?

One question, is the Parrot Flypad compatible with TelloFPV? And it is also true that that Flypad can be connected via cable to work in the app?
I bought thé Flypad but has bluetooth interférence with it. I really recommend the Gamesir t1s. A little more expensive but worth it. Also the system to attach the phone with flypad is not as easy as Gamesir to fold and put in a case.

Hi,

have also posted a video here, shot by Tello under super conditions:
good mood and Quiet :)
Sun, no wind ☀
much time ⏳
full batteries
yello Tello, Tello FPV App + Controller GameSirT1s ? with OTG- cable + Xiaomi Re.2
-Video Bitrate: 4 MBps
-IFrame Interval: out
-exposure: Auto

I have good experiences with these video settings.

best regards

Just bought TelloFPV because i read its so much more smooth than standart Tello App..

Well yeah its more smooth but still everything else than smooth.

On standart tello app my "picture" stutters like 5 times per second, and on TelloFPV it "only" stutters like once every second, so definetly better but still impossible for me to fly just using fpv. I even wanna go as far as saying, most toy drones like the cheap Eachine Fake Mavics have more smooth video quality.

Also my location makes no difference in signal strenth. Videofeed laggs on free countryside the same way as in a concrete building jungle. I tried some settings people wrote in here but no difference either.

I dont use any wifi repeater... well i got the tello yesterday so im still getting used to it.

Well im happy for everyone who got an improvement. For me it sadly doesnt :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-N960F mit Tapatalk

The repeater greatly improves distance and video quality. It should really help. It also enables you to use TelloFPV Co-pilot APP. It is also possible to use two repeaters to achieve even further distances.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Just bought TelloFPV because i read its so much more smooth than standart Tello App..

On standart tello app my "picture" stutters like 5 times per second, and on TelloFPV it "only" stutters like once every second, so definetly better but still impossible for me to fly just using fpv. I even wanna go as far as saying, most toy drones like the cheap Eachine Fake Mavics have more smooth video quality.

Also my location makes no difference in signal strenth. Videofeed laggs on free countryside the same way as in a concrete building jungle. I tried some settings people wrote in here but no difference either.

I dont use any wifi repeater... well i got the tello yesterday so im still getting used to it.

I wouldn't say impossible to fly fpv. If you want to fly better fpv put a small AIO AKK 5.8ghz camera on the top and use some fpv goggles. The tello is at the end of the day a close range selfie drone, not meant to do much else, I applaud volate!lo for what this app can do.

Hello MPX,
I fly almost only with VR glasses relatively trouble-free, over 150m away and 30m high, have a lot of joy and success with it and use the following recommended accessories (linked):

TelloFPV- App
Samsung Galaxy A8
XIAOMI Reprater 2 at Xnuoyo power bank
Controller GameSir T1s mit OTG- Kabel to Smartphone with USB-C oder micro USB
VR- Brille

short cable Smartphone to the controller for FVP without VR glasses:
Smartphone with USB-C oder micro USB

Try another smartphone, with my good old Samsung Galaxy S5 and a GameSir T1d (Bluetooth connection to the S5) I had despite repeater synonymous with a short distance interference.

Good luck, best regards and all a nice Sunday

Reactions: xcrost
Hello again volate!lo :)

It has been a very long time since i was able to to get on these boards here, and just wanted to make sure that you
understand that you have created (by far) the best tello app ever and was just wanting to remind you that you have really made a huge difference in the world of drones for me with your app. And for that i just wanted to say thank you again !!!

(I tell every single person about your app when the subject of drones comes up, I say, You need to get your butt to the store and buy a tello and get the TELLFPV app, You have no idea what your missing) I was able to have more pictures and videos done with the tello and your app in the last year than all the years of drone flying combined. You have made it just so simple to do :)

I have been out trying to keep people warm in the winter and trying to help people get their lives back together with 15,000-20,000+ pound trees falling on their houses, cars, garages, whatever :(

But, I have been using your app almost every time i can while we are out saving the world 1 tree emergency at a time.

I uploaded a few pics just to remind you that it is the same fellow that you talked with a long time ago :)

Thank you again for taking the time to change my life for the better in this awesome hobby of drones :)
Hey, that is super cool. Not the "tree on the house" thing but the pictures! My chainsaw is maybe 1/5 of yours :) But my trees are also much smaller

Someone recently asked for a drone retrieval device for Tello's lost in a tree. Maybe a new business for you?

Anyway you are very welcome! Hope you keep enjoying that little drone !

Turn off blueotooth, kleep all bluetooth devices away, and if you can use a wifi repeater.
If it still doesn't give smooth video maybe you can try a friend's phone?

I will get one, i didnt thought i couldnt even fly 2meters without heavy laggs.

If you have lag problems in 2m distance the problem may not be solved by a repeater.

Have you switched off bluetooth? Are you shure you don't have any bluetooth devices nearby (fitness tracker, some car / home keys, tile, smart watch, other phones, headsets, ...)
maybe try a reboot, r if you have a recent phone check the power saving settings.

Hi. I skipped flying the tello for almost 2 months now. Then yesterday I flew again and must say the fpv app have really grown. Video recording was better than ever and I saw a few extra functions as well. Awaiting my vr headset and battery charging hub today so then I will be fully stocked?. Tello, 3 batteries, wifi repeater, gamesir g3s otg, case, etc.

For your information, a new version of TelloFPV is available at Play Store since September, 24:

1.5d
Changed
* Autopilot Timer memorized

Fixed
* VR screen size settings not memorized
* VR Autopilot configuration not updated on left screen
* Autopilot configuration does not scroll if it doesn not fit on screen

Last edited:
For your information, a new version of TelloFPV is available at Play Store since September, 24:

1.5d
Changed
* Autopilot Timer memorized

Fixed
* VR screen size settings not memorized
* VR Autopilot configuration not updated on left screen
* Autopilot configuration does not scroll if it doesn not fit on screen

OCULTAR
I wonder if will be possible to fix the screen scroll for autopilot, otherwise i cant use them :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv