Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Bummer! You're obviously smart enough to write the software, but you're leaving out those who don't use the Android platform. Too bad. You could make some good money making software for both! Just sayin'
I understand where you are coming from. However I have over 20 years of professional Java experience, and I am a one trick pony (my wife says: too old to learn new tricks). Apple just doesn't fit me - its a completely different world. So no IOS app from me, sorry.

As for earning money : This is a tiny niche market, and there isn't much money to earn. If I was here strictly for the money I'd work on something else. But Tello is more fun...

the application is awesome I find it super simple to use simpler than the original application tello. If the application could be in French it would help me lol. I have a question maybe it's my fault because I can not be found it is possible to fly without a giroscope completely manual way? sorry for my english very bad;)
Hi there.
I guess you mean something like acro mode? No, Tello's internal firmware doesn't support this.

yes, exactly the principle would have been to be able to fly in normal mode and can be switched to acro mode and vice versa with a simple press of an assigned button on the controller

the principle would have been to be able to make the acro and to be able to go into stabilized mode of a simple press on the joystick when one begins to lose the control of the drone.Dite me if you understood the principle lol

the principle would have been to be able to make the acro and to be able to go into stabilized mode of a simple press on the joystick when one begins to lose the control of the drone.Dite me if you understood the principle lol
Understood. like an acro trainer drone.

Sorry, but Tello can't do that with the current Firmware.

damage it could have made a good functionability especially that despite his small size it cash well shock shocks knowing it's a very good drone to learn the basics of displacement is missing more than acro mode to learn to have a total control of the drone and drones.
In any case it is a great application easy to take in hand congratulation

I understand where you are coming from. However I have over 20 years of professional Java experience, and I am a one trick pony (my wife says: too old to learn new tricks). Apple just doesn't fit me - its a completely different world. So no IOS app from me, sorry.

As for earning money : This is a tiny niche market, and there isn't much money to earn. If I was here strictly for the money I'd work on something else. But Tello is more fun...

Well, in spite of the fact that I can't use it, I will say thanks on behalf of those that do use Android. Given the descriptions, your app looks very cool!

Reactions: volate!lo
A new release is due for tomorrow: support for generic Android InputDevices. Should cover all kinds of gamepads, both USB OTG and Bluetooth. Basically anything that is recognized by a gamepad tester app
Its already working but I want to do some more testing. Stay tuned...

Just found the thread and I am excited! Thanks in advance vola! I will begin testing now ;)...I have been waiting for a VR app, I guess I can wait a little longer. DroneVR doesn't work with Gamsir T1D. I'll see how this goes :)

That Flysky i6 seems to have a USB cable option, right? Does it work with a gamepad tester App when connected to the phone? If yes: (y), if not :cautious:
Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes flysky can be used with usb but on the most classic "game", the Channel are not mapped correctly. It is working great only with application with calibration joysticks (allow to be compatible with all joysticks): the app calibrates the controller asking the user to move every stick one by one and detects the assigned Channel (you can look at the FPVFreerider app, DroneVR app, Picasim app).

I have a Note 3 and Note 4 both are not getting live video feed. Telemetry seems to be working. If I re-start the app a few times I might get video and some functionality. Please keep working I can't wait to get this up and runnin! Thanks! I will try the new adk tomorrow. Do you have some type of "mailing list" for new beta releases/updates?

I'm on the edge of my seat (y)

BTW, just for kicks, I tried this on an old cheap Fire 7" tablet (rooted, all Amazon junk removed) and to my surprise IT WORKED! :D
My reference phone is an old Samsung s4, even the s3 mini works but choppy.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes flysky can be used with usb but on the most classic "game", the Channel are not mapped correctly. It is working great only with application with calibration joysticks (allow to be compatible with all joysticks): the app calibrates the controller asking the user to move every stick one by one and detects the assigned Channel (you can look at the FPVFreerider app, DroneVR app, Picasim app).
Then it should work. TelloFpv has the ability to map sticks in any(!) way you want, also by moving it during mapping.
I have a Note 3 and Note 4 both are not getting live video feed. Telemetry seems to be working. If I re-start the app a few times I might get video and some functionality. Please keep working I can't wait to get this up and runnin! Thanks! I will try the new adk tomorrow. Do you have some type of "mailing list" for new beta releases/updates?
I will start on the video feed after today's release. Do you have an idea what you are doing that triggers the issues?

Hi, i just saw in your help file, it is possible to remap stick, great ! So i will try if it is works with my RC controller. I will tell you. Thanks

Hi, i just saw in your help file, it is possible to remap stick, great ! So i will try if it is works with my RC controller. I will tell you. Thanks
USB support will be added in v0.5 which will be released later today

USB support will be added in v0.5 which will be released later today

Great !

USB support is mandatory for all of us using a wired OTG controller, by far the best way for flying Tello.

I can´t wait for testing your amazing expo / dual rate /dead zone controller settings. Finally I will be able to decrease Yaw sensibility and perform smooth turns.

I'm looking forward for your app update...

Keep doing so good work

USB support is mandatory for all of us using a wired OTG controller, by far the best way for flying Tello.

I can´t wait for testing your amazing expo / dual rate /dead zone controller settings. Finally I will be able to decrease Yaw sensibility and perform smooth turns.

I hope you won't be disappointed to learn how bad some controllers are.
I am just playing with a cheap xbox 360 clone. If you look at the stick travel distance it effectively uses maybe 30% of the available distance, and even that is not anywhere proportionoal. So most of the stick travel is wasted reading either giving 0% or 100% - they could just replace the sticks with flip switches.

Nothing I can do about this. :(

Hopefully other controllers are better.

Hopefully other controllers are better.

On your advice, I downloaded a gamepad tester and used it on my Gamesir T1s to test stick travel accuracy. Smooth, responsive, and accurate using the axis test. I would say it works very well (which I had already proved by actually flying with it) ;)

My first gamepad controller - I like it

Reactions: volate!lo
You can program this with my Steelseries Stratus XL with it's propietary software, although I have yet to do any changes.

Sounds like your controller can do RC tuning like deadzone on its own. Cool.

The controllers I have here are just cheap junk from China, one is maybe 15 years old and the other is much newer but only marginally better. I just never used them for anything. But should be good enough for testing.
Good thing is I can with a test totally outdated gamepad (which happens to report completely different buttons compared to a modern one). I prefer the Flypad.

Anyway: generic wired/BT controlers seems to work now. I will do some more testing, and then wrap everything up for a new release. A few more hours but definately today.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv