Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Yeah, i realized that the imu temp value i found isn't the temp i was looking for. It never exceeds 66 C so i removed it. I will completely remove the warningt before making the final update.
ok. I will wait next update to say goodbye so anoying overtemp message.

Tellofpv 0.98 + ps3 otg. In sport mode, when the battery percentage is low (20-30%) Tello is slower, it seems to mutate to video mode.
Personally I have not seen this behavior but I don't say its impossible. Maybe you have a newer firmware than I have.
Anyway its not a problem of TelloFpv.

And I'll explain why because similar problems show up all the time:
I read about problems with lagging, slow, lack of control, unstable hover, hard landings, drifting, etc all the time not only for TelloFpv but also in the threads about aTello, aTelloPilot, and after every other Tello App update.
If these problems exist they are the same for all apps and can only be caused by a firmware update. Because the apps don't tell the Drone to go slower when the battery goes low, or fly faster above 2m altitude, or hover stable or unstable. Its just not the way things work.

All apps (except those based on the SDK) do the same thing: They send stick positions "yaw=0, throttle=0, roll=10%, pitch=-10%". Its up to Tello to decide how fast it wants to fly for say 10% roll.
The same goes for "unstable" hover, too fast landings and similar complaints. All the apps do in hover is send a command like "all sticks 0%" and Tello does the hover, all they do to land is send a command "land" to Tello and the firmware controls the landing all by itself.

Most people seem to watch Tello more carefully when used with the "new app". They identify different behavior and associate this with the new app. In fact these are problems (or features) of the firmware that they just did not notice before.

I am very very sure that if Tello becomes sluggish on low battery its inside the firmware and will be exactly the same for all apps.

I am afraid I Would I lost my flight log.

Is there any way to backup flight log and/or dig into more detailed flight info.

Thanks a lot.
No. The flight log would be deleted. So just wait for the next release in a few minutes, which I will promote to production right away.

Wow! Thanks a bunch Raul, I owe you a beer or two!

I would have imagine you to have a deeper voice. And you speak with a strange accent for a Spanish but hey :)

What is clear from this video is that Circle poi is too slow in videomode. I mostly tested indoors due to bad weather over the last ... :unsure: 6 weeks actually. I will fix that shortly.

Circle POI still didnt Work both my Phones. Tello stays in Air and do nothing. Not even One Time it worked for me.
May be Im doing something wrong?

Must be. Speed 1 is very slow and only suiteable for stuff in 1m distance. If you use it for POIs further away it might seem to be just hovering.
And you do press the start button, right?

Does ps3 controller via Otg cable work with tellofpv without additional programs like sixaxis or octopus?
It works without any other additional programs.
I just tested the demo version on the weekend and will be buying the full version. Gotta love the RTH feature, such a great app! (y)

anyone have info on the circle POI, what is the radius of the circle it performs?

thanks

It works without any other additional programs.
I just tested the demo version on the weekend and will be buying the full version. Gotta love the RTH feature, such a great app! (y)

anyone have info on the circle POI, what is the radius of the circle it performs?

thanks
Radius is variable 1-100m. However I see from Raul's video that the speed is too low for anything beyond maybe 10m distance.

Reactions: WhatUserName
Does ps3 controller via Otg cable work with tellofpv without additional programs like sixaxis or octopus?
Yes, it works fine. However some buttons cannot be mapped until support is added in a future release.

Wow! Thanks a bunch Raul, I owe you a beer or two!

I would have imagine you to have a deeper voice. And you speak with a strange accent for a Spanish but hey :)

What is clear from this video is that Circle poi is too slow in videomode. I mostly tested indoors due to bad weather over the last ... :unsure: 6 weeks actually. I will fix that shortly.

@volate!lo, I Totally agree with you. I think Circle Autopilot needs more speed.

Sorry for video robotic voice. My spoken english is not very clear. Despite so horrible voice, I hope video helps people knowing and using TelloFPV autopilot modes.

Raul.

Reactions: Yankster
@volate!lo, I Totally agree with you. I think Circle Autopilot needs more speed.

Sorry for video robotic voice. My spoken english is not very clear. Despite so horrible voice, I hope video helps people knowing and using TelloFPV autopilot modes.

Raul.
Your robotic voice actually made my day. Sounds like a drunk british newsreader in my ears :)

Last edited:
This is your chance to speak up!

This is trivial but,

The takeoff confirmation dialog says:
Start motors for takeoff?

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say:
Start motors and takeoff.

To me 'for takeoff?' sounds like it's just going to arm the motors and let me throttle up and take off manually.

This is trivial but,

To me 'for takeoff?' sounds like it's just going to arm the motors and let me throttle up and take off manually.

You're right this is trivial ;)

This is trivial but,

Nitpicker! ;)

But you are right. And if you find more like these let me know. English isn't my first language...

Radius is variable 1-100m. However I see from Raul's video that the speed is too low for anything beyond maybe 10m distance.
What I did, whith somehow nice results, is to speed up the circle video, x2 using in example Windows Moovie Maker...
But it also increases some "vibration"...

@volate!lo ¿Is it feasible to increase the tangencial speed without loosing video stabiliaztion?

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliaso