Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

After the latest update throttle and pitch are in reverse (on turnigy evolution).

I had smilar issue with the video as above. Before the (controller) release I could switch apps during a flight but now if I go back to the tellofpv the video won't go back as well as all the controlls...

1.03 corrected a mistake I made in 1.02, and throttle and pitch should now be correct. I tested with btoh T1d and Flypad, and a handful of no-name USB OTG gamepads. If some controller has it reversed (in 1.03) then this is just the data the controller delivers, and you have to reverse it in the controller mapping.

I'm not sure I understood correctly what you meant by switching apps during a flight. From normal mode to VR and back? Or switching between Tello & TelloFpv apps?

Hi @volate!lo,
now I could test the version 1.03 on my P10lite.
Unfortunately since I've installed the 1.02 it is not easy to connect the controller (T1s). :unsure: I could connect it to my phone. And the Gamesir is displayed as connected in the BT-Options. I also can map the controller buttons. But when I want to start and to fly, there is no reaction when I move the sticks. After many attempts it did work. :) And then all works fine. I could map all interesting buttons and the funcions (as far as I could test) did work. (y) But the next time the connection was impossible. :cry:
Inbetween I connected the Controller with my Note 8 (still version 1.01 P is installed) without any problems.
Is there any influence of your app to the BT connection? It seems that way.

In addition, I have tested another little controller like this >Link<. I could pair it and map the buttons. But on flying not all was working and working like expected. (It's how I got my first destroyed Tello-prop. :cry:) Sometimes it did work, sometimes not.
I'm sure you have no such controller for testing. Hence my question: Do you know an app for checking the BT-Connection and see, which signal comes to the phone and to the app when I press a button? I would like to know where the trouble come from.

Many thanks in advance and have a nice weekend. :)(y)

I just updated to v1.03 P I Re-did the mapping and all seemed fine. I could not see any issues mentioned so far so you have nipped most of them in the bud. I just started playing around w/ fob. The app MrSpock decribes would be most helpful. I'm going to look around.
I am able to cancel auto low batt. landing and keep flying using "throttle up cxls landing" below %10 to "LVC" maybe 5%? screen shows 6%. If it lands at 10% or below there is no taking off again.

Hi @volate!lo,
now I could test the version 1.03 on my P10lite.
Unfortunately since I've installed the 1.02 it is not easy to connect the controller (T1s). :unsure: I could connect it to my phone. And the Gamesir is displayed as connected in the BT-Options. I also can map the controller buttons. But when I want to start and to fly, there is no reaction when I move the sticks. After many attempts it did work. :) And then all works fine. I could map all interesting buttons and the funcions (as far as I could test) did work. (y) But the next time the connection was impossible. :cry:
Inbetween I connected the Controller with my Note 8 (still version 1.01 P is installed) without any problems.
Is there any influence of your app to the BT connection? It seems that way.

In addition, I have tested another little controller like this >Link<. I could pair it and map the buttons. But on flying not all was working and working like expected. (It's how I got my first destroyed Tello-prop. :cry:) Sometimes it did work, sometimes not.
I'm sure you have no such controller for testing. Hence my question: Do you know an app for checking the BT-Connection and see, which signal comes to the phone and to the app when I press a button? I would like to know where the trouble come from.

Many thanks in advance and have a nice weekend. :)(y)

First, TelloFpv does not work on the low level part of BT. I know some phones have trouble with Bluetooth-Low Energy (BLE) resources not being release by the low level drivers. In that case a phone reboot helps. But that is not limited to TelloFpv, but a generic problem of these phones with other BLE devices and apps as well.

I don't fully understand how the Gamesir 1ts works.
Do you pair it first or connect directly to it from within TelloFpv controller settings?
Does it work in the gamepad tester app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.elron.gamepadtester&hl=en_US

The single-handed controller looks interesting. You should try these controllers with the gamepad tester first. That will show if it creates consistent output. Ever button & rocker direction should have exactly one output. Some controllers seem to send both stick and button signals when a rocker is moved, and others send different button-IDs for the same button, depending on long or short press. Typically these controllers have different connection modes to try.

I just updated to v1.03 P I Re-did the mapping and all seemed fine. I could not see any issues mentioned so far so you have nipped most of them in the bud. I just started playing around w/ fob. The app MrSpock decribes would be most helpful. I'm going to look around.
I am able to cancel auto low batt. landing and keep flying using "throttle up cxls landing" below %10 to "LVC" maybe 5%? screen shows 6%. If it lands at 10% or below there is no taking off again.
The landing (and possible cancellation) is totally up to Tello. Tello seems to do some internal calculation about the expected remaining flight time, and initiates landing when it thinks its time to go down to make it safely. My Tello recently landed at 15% because I took off with an almost depleted battery.
There is nothing TelloFpv can do about it.

I do not know if it's just me or it's my phone's problem or something happens, with the 1.03 update the video transmission is very bad, it's not fluid, the video is very slow and the lines come out and I lose video signal, uninstall and install the old 1.01 and the problem was solved :unsure::unsure: I really do not know what happens, with the 1.03 it is a problem to connect the parrot flypad while with the 1.01 it is immediate

Have you tried to go back to 1.03 again after 1.01 solved the issues?
Please let me know if the problems return.

@volate!lo

I'd like to report you an scary video bug happend to me last yesterday fligth :(

Fisrt of all, you must know I'm still remains into outdated version TelloFPV 1.01

Bug happend to me during flight when accidentally pressed virtual flight button and TelloFPV entered VR mode. Video goes black and let me blind for an endless minute. Wifi signal was good, up to 70db.

I will try to reproduce problem to realize if it is a ramdom issue or something more serious.

Meanwhile be aware pressing in-flight VR button accidentally. ;)

All the best.

Raul
-----

Hello,

Yesterday I tried reproduce this fail into TelloFPV 1.03, but Issue is fixed

Problem has not come back. It's possible to enter /exit VR mode in-flight with no risk.

Sorry for the inconvenience and enjoy TelloFPV.

Raul.

First, TelloFpv does not work on the low level part of BT. I know some phones have trouble with Bluetooth-Low Energy (BLE) resources not being release by the low level drivers.

Many thanks for your explanation. It's strange because the problem first appears with the version 1.02. Before that, everything was OK.

Do you pair it first or connect directly to it from within TelloFpv controller settings?

Both. I've tried all possible sorts of sequences. With and without WiFi connection to the Tello.

with the 1.03 it is a problem to connect the parrot flypad while with the 1.01 it is immediate

I see, you have a similar problem.

Does it work in the gamepad tester app?

That's a good hint. I will install that soon and see, what I can see. ;)
Many thanks. (y)

Reactions: xcrost
Hello,

I have download TelloFPV demo 1.01 (there is no above version on my google play) and tested my Flysky FS-I6.

All the sticks are found in the mapping except the yaw (like with the version i tryed last year). Is the RY axis check in that version ?

Here is a screen shot in gamepad tester when i put the yaw on the left (axis RY):
20190216_185454_rmscr.jpg

Thank you for your help
Good evening or day for all !

EDIT : Big Sorry !!!! I read that flysky is supported since 1.02 version !! Do you know why i can't have 1.03 version available on google play ?

Last edited:
The productive versions are 1.01.

1.02 and 1.03 are only beta releases, available only to users of the paid version. Once beta test is finished it will be promoted to productive, and then also become available as demo version.

1.02 and 1.03 are only beta releases, available only to users of the paid version. Once beta test is finished it will be promoted to productive, and then also become available as demo version.
Ok thank you, so i purchase the app ! :)

Hi,
My childreen are in bed, so i can't fly with the Tello in my home now (i don't live in a 1000 m large Castle as one tello pilot have there ;)) but i have done few mapping tests with the flysky. All the sticks are ok !! Thank you !
The first switch is recognized too (I have to put the switch on then off to simulate a button), the second switch is recognized as axis RX long press, so i imagine it will be possible to use it too ! The others switchs are not detected. But i don't mind, what you have done is great for my need !!
Tomorrow, if i find time before or after bring my son seeing Dragon 3 , i will try the Tello with the flysky ! Thank you again !

Hi,
My childreen are in bed, so i can't fly with the Tello in my home now (i don't live in a 1000 m large Castle as one tello pilot have there ;)) but i have done few mapping tests with the flysky. All the sticks are ok !! Thank you !
The first switch is recognized too (I have to put the switch on then off to simulate a button), the second switch is recognized as axis RX long press, so i imagine it will be possible to use it too ! The others switchs are not detected. But i don't mind, what you have done is great for my need !!
Tomorrow, if i find time before or after bring my son seeing Dragon 3 , i will try the Tello with the flysky ! Thank you again !

Check what the gamepad tester has to say about the other buttons. maybe we can do something here, too.

And enjoy Dragon 3 - nice movie!

Have you tried to go back to 1.03 again after 1.01 solved the issues?
Please let me know if the problems return.

I'm having the same issue, have been flying every day this week, with massive range and good clarity of vid feed, after updating yesterday, and not changing any of my hardware ie phone and extender or settings, the vid feed is terrible, even at 70db and few meters range? I've normally been able to fly out to 300m with perfect clarity consistantly, now its terrible. I'd like to roll back to the previous version but can't seem to find a way to do so. Although my tello app on google play says 1.01 so I'm not sure what version i had before that, original install was around Jan 15th or so, and updated 2 days ago for the first time. Note: I don't use my gamesir controller so not interference there, phone on flight mode, mobile data turned off, havn't change the location or arrangement in any way just so thats clear ;). Thanks for your time and awesome app however, its been great! (till now).

Last edited:
Check what the gamepad tester has to say about the other buttons. maybe we can do something here, too.

And enjoy Dragon 3 - nice movie!
Hi, the other switchs are not detected too in gamepad tester. Maybe i should look on the web if it exists better usb dongle than mine.

I'm having the same issue, have been flying every day this week, with massive range and good clarity of vid feed, after updating yesterday, and not changing any of my hardware ie phone and extender or settings, the vid feed is terrible, even at 70db and few meters range? I've normally been able to fly out to 300m with perfect clarity consistantly, now its terrible. I'd like to roll back to the previous version but can't seem to find a way to do so. Although my tello app on google play says 1.01 so I'm not sure what version i had before that, original install was around Jan 15th or so, and updated 2 days ago for the first time. Note: I don't use my gamesir controller so not interference there, phone on flight mode, mobile data turned off, havn't change the location or arrangement in any way just so thats clear ;). Thanks for your time and awesome app however, its been great! (till now).
What version do you currently have installed? See menu - about.

It would be helpful if you could send me your GPA number by email ([email protected]). You can find this number in the email which Google play sent you after the purchase. That way i can see when you purchased and that gives me the version number you had installed before the update.
Then I can do a direct compare.

Last edited:
Follow the problems of video transmission, the screen is pixelated without being able to see anything then it is fixed but at that moment of pixelation I am out of control of the tello, do not use the flypad anymore, in fact I am going to return it to Amazon, install the 1.01 and the video improved a bit but the failure is almost uncontrollable the tello, I will try to do a test recording the screen, like @ZimsFury I have not changed hardware Same phone same extend, flight mode?. I can not understand why the video is failing now if last week the video was fluid and perfect

I'll release 1.04 in a few hours that will hopefully address these issues.
Hard to tell because I can't reproduce these issues. So all I can do is check what modifications where done since release 0.99, and think about which one could cause these troubles, and think about a better way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luis_g