Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I am using iPhone but I decide to buy second hand Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) just because of the excellent TelloFPV and OTG connection with T1S controller. Does any of you have any problems using this device (frame drops, connection issues, etc.)? Anyone tried it?

Last edited:
I am using iPhone but I decide to buy Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) just because of the excellent TelloFPV and OTG connection with T1S controller. Does any of you have any problems using this device? Anyone tried it?
... I use J7 2016 too and the problem is that phone doesn't have compass ... :(
... I "stole" my daughter's phone, a 4-year-old Galaxy A5 ... ;)

Do I need compass for TelloFPV to work with? May be J7 2017 then?

Last edited:
TelloFpv doesn't use the compass for anything. I think aTelloPilot does.

That said I would get a device that has a compass because you never know what the future will bring ;).

Question about 360 mode: Is there an option to slow-down or to set the rotation speed?

Question about 360 mode: Is there an option to slow-down or to set the rotation speed?
No, the flightmodes under "..." are the flightmodes taht reside in the Firmware. TelloFpv just triggers them.
There will be other 360s in a future release, for pano video and photo

Reactions: vazmuten
Using Galaxy J7 (2016) running Oreo on beta channel (TelloFPV 0.98) I did a test flight with Tello. The low battery limit was set to 20%. Drone was responsive. The battery reached 20% and the numbers turn into red, a beep sound was heard, the Battery low warning was displayed – everything as expected. I entered main settings, lowered the Low Battery percentage to 15 percent. The battery percentage numbers turn back into white (it was now at 17%), but suddenly the drone becomes unresponsive to commands. I mean I was pressing the screen but the app behaves as if I was not touching it. The video was continuing to run but the controls were blocked. I switched off the app, switch back to it but meanwhile the drone auto landed. I checked the controls and they were working again.
All this I have recorder using DU Recorder so I have evidences.

Is this an expected behavior on low battery?

Last edited:
Using Galaxy J7 (2016) running Oreo on beta channel (TelloFPV 0.98) I did a test flight with Tello. The low battery limit was set to 20%. Drone was responsive. The battery reached 20% and the numbers turn into red, a beep sound was heard, the Battery low warning was displayed – everything as expected. I entered main settings, lowered the Low Battery percentage to 15 percent. The battery percentage numbers turn back into white (it was now at 17%), but suddenly the drone becomes unresponsive to commands. I mean I was pressing the screen but the app behaves as if I was not touching it. The video was continuing to run but the controls were blocked. I switched off the app, switch back to it but meanwhile the drone auto landed. I checked the controls and they were working again.
All this I have recorder using DU Recorder so I have evidences.

Is this an expected behavior on low battery?
No of course not. Can you send me the interesting part of the recording via some sharing? WeTransfer or something like this?

Reactions: vazmuten
So I just realized that Bluetooth does not even need to be turned on for my T1D to work with the APP. How is this possible. I thought that if I turned it off, it would disable that part of my Note 3. What gives?

Bluetooth likes to turn itself back on and reconnect sometimes. Are you sure that it is off in the phone?

(I would start my phone some days and forget that it likes to reconnect from time to time when you are close enough and dang near scares the craps out of me with the sound system saying "PAIRED" really loud)

LOL
Oh no it's off. I even cycled it and turned airplane mode on etc... T1D still works.

T1D is not paired. I should explain that I was mid flight about 10m high and 75m away and the video went to crap, almost frozen. I engaged RTH but it was quickly canceled "VPS loss message". So I got close enough to check orientation and flew back closer but there was severe lag. When this scenario happens I usually turn off the T1D. This time I turned off BT instead. The T1D disconnected then reconnected as you describe. I then landed. Cycled BT and Airplane leaving BT OFF and it still reconnected.

@volate!lo,

Successfully tested Beta TelloFPV v0.98x "Raul's problems" ;)

This version is BRILLIANT, great job @volate!lo by far is the best TelloFPV release.

Weird message "not receiving position data" is gone (y)

Exposure change using controller gives extrange readings issue is gone (y)

Smart photo timer works GREAT (y) Finally I coud take some photos from far locations despite bad signal.

Surprisingly one shoot took more than a minute (70 seconds) to download, but at the end I got it !

Another shoot was canceled after 25 seconds becouse download counter stopped. Smart Timer works perfect ! Good job @volate!lo (y)

Only issue detected is Flight counter sometimes (not always) stops while a photo is being downloaded.

counter stopped.jpg

Thats not important for me, but I'm worried if any other important processes could be failing during the download. Maybe it need to be revised ?

I'm very happy with TelloFPV. Solving the download of photos is a great step forward for me.

All the best.

Raul
-------

Reactions: xcrost and Ansia
@volate!lo,

Successfully tested Beta TelloFPV v0.98x "Raul's problems" ;)

This version is BRILLIANT, great job @volate!lo by far is the best TelloFPV release.

Weird message "not receiving position data" is gone (y)

Exposure change using controller gives extrange readings issue is gone (y)

Smart photo timer works GREAT (y) Finally I coud take some photos from far locations despite bad signal.

Surprisingly one shoot took more than a minute (70 seconds) to download, but at the end I got it !

Another shoot was canceled after 25 seconds becouse download counter stopped. Smart Timer works perfect ! Good job @volate!lo (y)

Only issue detected is Flight counter sometimes (not always) stops while a photo is being downloaded.

View attachment 2732

Thats not important for me, but I'm worried if any other important processes could be failing during the download. Maybe it need to be revised ?

I'm very happy with TelloFPV. Solving the download of photos is a great step forward for me.

All the best.

Raul
-------

Sounds good! The counter stopping is not an issue. Its not a counter, its displaying the "motor spin time" it receives from Tello.
If this stops its just an indicator that you have a weak wifi link, and data packets get lost. As soon as the correct data packet is received it will display the correct value, making good those "missed" seconds.
Thats why you can for example start a flight with Tello app, terminate it inflight if you are brave and start TelloFpv to resume the flight with the flight timer showing correct values.

Have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv