Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

These devices are compatible. But Russia is disabled completely. Play store wrongly lists the app as available in Russia but incompatible with your devices.

The APK is tied to google licensing service and requires a valid license in play store. I see no reason to add another platform, as play store reaches the largest number of users by far. Moving to another store will be significant effort for very little gain in sales. The risk of accidentally breaking the license mechanism is a real threat as this would drive sales in certain countries down significantly. Exploits spread fast over Facebook.

The beta trick doesn't help. As soon as a beta user leaves the beta program he becomes a normal user - he doesn't get to download the productive version but he can leave ratings and reviews . So I'd get bad ratings for the missing localization - and bad ratings because Russian users rightfully feel left behind if they can't get the full version they paid for.

The Russian market for TelloFpv is too small to justify localization. I sold fewer licenses in Russia than in Venezuela which is already a tiny market. So while I am sorry for a few individuals I think that protecting the app from bad ratings is more important than the 50 or so licenses I would sell there.

So the only thing you can use is the free demo version. Sorry.

Last edited:
Selfie orbit sounds nice, but implies something that it doesn't do. People would expect that Tello orbits themselfs, or orbits the starting position.

Dronie Orbit? Boomerang Orbit? Sounds strange...
A Boomerang is thrown away and up then circles around to its starting position - its already named perfectly for the proposed addition.

Hi all,

Just got a second hand Galaxy S6 for the sole purpose of flying the Tello FPV. I needed the amoled screen and extra resolution, could not resist.

Okay maybe i will fly my Mavic with the Galaxy as well, though i do not really trust DJI GO 4 running on Android.

What FPV headset would you recommend? I would appreciate smth not heavy with adjustable pupil distance and of course it should be cheap.

Thanks a lot.

There are many to choose from. Just do a search of this site and you'll find numerous recommendations. You might also check out (on Amazon):
VR Headset for iPhone & Android Phone - Universal Virtual Reality Goggles Ver2.0 - Play Your Best Mobile Games 360 Movies With Soft & Comfortable New 3D VR Glasses | + Adjustable Eye Protection System
by BNEXT

Perhaps a little pricey ($35) but sturdy and very adjustable. Cardboard is cheaper.

Reactions: trelo
There are many to choose from. Just do a search of this site and you'll find numerous recommendations. You might also check out (on Amazon):
VR Headset for iPhone & Android Phone - Universal Virtual Reality Goggles Ver2.0 - Play Your Best Mobile Games 360 Movies With Soft & Comfortable New 3D VR Glasses | + Adjustable Eye Protection System
by BNEXT

Perhaps a little pricey ($35) but sturdy and very adjustable. Cardboard is cheaper.
Thank you.

Fiit Vr 2s was dead cheap when I bought it. Should be 12-15 USD if you can find it somehwere in china
Light, comfortable, fits any phone, wide FOV, adjustable IPD, adjustable focal point

Reactions: trelo
v1.2g (yes, G!) is now available in Beta.Seems to be a pretty tough release this time

This one fixes a few issues, and will become final later tonight unless someone finds a show stopper.

New
* vGPS: Synchronize Tello VPS and phone GPS (paid in-app purchase)
* Flightlog: Show last position in Google Maps (vGPS required)
* Flightlog: Show flight path in Google Earth (vGPS required)
* POI lock AP: lock on pilot's GPS position (vGPS required)
* VR: Headcontrol turns Tello if you are looking left/right

Changes
* Audio recording temporarily disabled

Fixes
* POI Circle AP: distance not stable during circle
* Screen freeze
* Screen flickering
* Video stutter

I'm a little confused about vGPS. When should the compass calibration of the phone occur--before doing the sync steps (1 to 5) or afterwards? Should this phone compass calibration be done before each flight?
Thanks!

Reactions: umanbean
I'm a little confused about vGPS. When should the compass calibration of the phone occur--before doing the sync steps (1 to 5) or afterwards?
Before. The phone Compass needs to be 'right' before you go any further.
Should this phone compass calibration be done before each flight?
That actually depends on each phone, and the accuracy of the compass, and the ability of the phone's OS to retain an accurate compass reading from one flight to the next... probably not a bad idea to do it before each session

Is it possible for the IFrame interval to be longer than 10 seconds. For example, 1 minute or 2.
Then the recorded image does not flicker.

Is it possible for the IFrame interval to be longer than 10 seconds. For example, 1 minute or 2.
Then the recorded image does not flicker.
in a perfect world you'd need only 1 IFrame at the start of the recording. But things go wrong, especially with UDP over wifi. Most incidences are identified and corrected by TelloFpv automatically. But sometimes not - So you need to refresh video data from time to time. 10s is already generous for most environments.

Before. The phone Compass needs to be 'right' before you go any further.

That actually depends on each phone, and the accuracy of the compass, and the ability of the phone's OS to retain an accurate compass reading from one flight to the next... probably not a bad idea to do it before each session
Thanks,

Hi all,

Just got a second hand Galaxy S6 for the sole purpose of flying the Tello FPV. I needed the amoled screen and extra resolution, could not resist.

Okay maybe i will fly my Mavic with the Galaxy as well, though i do not really trust DJI GO 4 running on Android.

What FPV headset would you recommend? I would appreciate smth not heavy with adjustable pupil distance and of course it should be cheap.

Thanks a lot.
I bought the blitzwolf IF VR3 just to fly with tello. They were cheap and you can adjust the pupil distance and focus. They do a great job for the price!

Thank you for the minor modifications.

Flight logs are arranged in order from new to old, making post-flight checks easier.

Head control is an interesting attempt, but the head turns to the left when the phone turns to the left, but the head turns a little to the left when the phone turns to the right, and then turns around and turns right Invert.

Last edited:
Because of Auto Landing I lost my tello Today ????
I tried to try the vr Headcontroll, which at least didnt work for me.
So, I have to order a nee Tello. Dont the delivering Time, but I Think I'm out for a few weeks ??

Because of Auto Landing I lost my tello Today ????
I tried to try the vr Headcontroll, which at least didnt work for me.
So, I have to order a nee Tello. Dont the delivering Time, but I Think I'm out for a few weeks ??
I'm sorry to hear this ... have you tried the search with the help of vGPS?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843