Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hello Tello friends,

also I love the VR flight with TelloFPV. V. 1.5c is TOP, no errors noticed.
I'm looking for a quiet place, put the Wifi-repeater on the car roof and I sit comfortably in the car to fly, takeoff and landing on the hood.

Repeater.jpg

Thanks volate!lo for this enrichment.

Idea:
Volate!Io, great when the GameSir T1s the electromagnets in the grip would vibrate briefly on battery warning.

best regards

Idea:
Volate!Io, great when the GameSir T1s the electromagnets in the grip would vibrate briefly on battery warning.

Doesn't work, because TelloFpv does not chat directly with the controller. It just receives events from Android indicating some stick was moved - but there is no way to send commands to the controller

TelloFPV 1.5c tested yesterday. Excellent video, range and control. No flight issues at all, but...

I shooted a Photo Pano 360 and got TWO file folders into my android device: "Pano 360 2019-09-03 17-07-17" and "Pano 360 2019-09-03 17-07-17 level". I'm sure "Rotate and Crop to Level" photo setting is OFF.

Raul.

Reactions: Maersk65
TelloFPV 1.5c tested yesterday. Excellent video, range and control. No flight issues at all, but...

I shooted a Photo Pano 360 and got TWO file folders into my android device: "Pano 360 2019-09-03 17-07-17" and "Pano 360 2019-09-03 17-07-17 level". I'm sure "Rotate and Crop to Level" photo setting is OFF.

Raul.
So you got even more than you asked for !
I will check, could be a result of re-arranging the settings.

• Haha
Reactions: raulvolador
By the way, I noticed AP screens reworked:

tellofpv spiral abreviature.jpg

Spiral options has been abbreviated to single letter "M", "S" and so on.

I noticed "Speed" and "Timer" settings are now memorized between AP executions. Congrats @volate!lo !

It seems to me OK/CANCEL buttons works better now. Maybe it's just a feeling :unsure:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Got a chance to fly and test some AP's. Excellent! as usual! One thing, on circle POI (pictured above) when in VR, the left pupil value does not change for spiral and ...timer I think. Maybe some other AP's too. Thanks Volate!lo!

I think you reported that one before and I thought that was already fixed. I will check that for the next release

Reactions: xcrost
@volate!lo,

I can confirm you during yesterday flight session "Level" folder was created again. As said, I'm sure "Rotate and Crop to Level" photo setting is OFF. It's curious than non-level folder has five shoots but level folder only has four ones.

Cheers.

tellofpv level.jpg

Reactions: volate!lo
I have tried the TelloFPV 1.5c update and I want to give my opinion, I thought that putting "Pano 360" in the flight options was going to be a 360 ° video and not a panoramic photo.

Now I would like to suggest some details that perhaps I would like to be added, although as I say it is only a "suggestion", I would like to add a mode that automatically takes photos with a variety of EV from lower to higher EV, since in The world of photography would help a lot.

This last suggestion may be the most difficult and impossible to do, I wish I could hide interface details so that Tello's image can be transmitted to networks such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.

I know that for that better I should look for a more advanced drone with those functions, but I think Tello could be squeezed with those functions, thanks greetings

I have tried the TelloFPV 1.5c update and I want to give my opinion, I thought that putting "Pano 360" in the flight options was going to be a 360 ° video and not a panoramic photo.

Now I would like to suggest some details that perhaps I would like to be added, although as I say it is only a "suggestion", I would like to add a mode that automatically takes photos with a variety of EV from lower to higher EV, since in The world of photography would help a lot.

This last suggestion may be the most difficult and impossible to do, I wish I could hide interface details so that Tello's image can be transmitted to networks such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.

I know that for that better I should look for a more advanced drone with those functions, but I think Tello could be squeezed with those functions, thanks greetings
The 360 does photos only if in photo mode. In video mode it does videos.

EAB / EV bracketing is not really feasible with Tello. Two problems:
First Tello can take a photo only after the previous has finished downloading. Taking 3 photos takes around 20s under ideal circumstances, but can be 3 minutes or more as well. So, the process is solw and Tello keeps moving a bit so I don't think it will be that useful.

Second: this could only work if the camera is using a manually selected EV. If its on EV +1 I could take a photo, change to +1.3 and take another, change to +0.7 and take a third. But, most users simply use "Auto". On that setting the camera selects the EV itself, and does not report back the current EV so I have no baseline to start from.
And not only that, the auto mode uses different EVs than what is available for manual selection: In a room with low light Auto creates a much brighter image than the highest EV that can be selected manually.

Reactions: zantarob

Raul.
Hi @Raul
Same here on 1.5c, got 2 folders with 10 photos in each...crop setting is off

First off Volatello thank you for this app, it's amazing, tried the beta version then purchased it.
I updated the app this past weekend, and used it earlier today, went to use the boomerang mode but didn't have the OK or Cancel buttons on the bottom of the settings to be able to set the Tello in motion, any ideas ?
Thanks again and keep up the great work.

First off Volatello thank you for this app, it's amazing, tried the beta version then purchased it.
I updated the app this past weekend, and used it earlier today, went to use the boomerang mode but didn't have the OK or Cancel buttons on the bottom of the settings to be able to set the Tello in motion, any ideas ?
Thanks again and keep up the great work.
sounds like enlarged system fonts... Or some rather small display. What phone are we talking about?

Hello

Today I tested Copilot app for the first time.

It worked great !

I safety teach my son flying Tello. He enjoyed a lot. Father and son joined by a thread ;)

tellofpv copilot couple.jpg

This was our setup: Left phone is master (me), running TelloFPV. Master controls Tello using touchscreen.
Right side phone is student (my son), running Copilot app. Student drives tello using a physical controller attached master phone through OTG cable.

tellofpv copilot two phones.jpg

Great work, @volate!lo !

Raul.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan