Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Just finished to test all new functions..

Great JOB!!! All works perfectly...
Also the corrupted video problem seems to be solved (

I like a lot Cinematic and now I understood well the Rate Limit/Boost (that has more sense only with Cinematic.. even if they have some small effects also on other modes)..
They only work in "push" button mode (and I agree that is correct.. like a "Turbo" button)
I like also the Terrain mode.. but have to test it thoroughly

About button mapping with Gamesir .. I want to ask you if you could change the default button mapping (usefull when reinstalling the app or when changing phone..) .. or alternativelly if you can export/save (and then load) button mapping configuration:

I configured the following.. if you agree with those if you could use them as default for next build:

L2 Take Photo/Video
L1 Rate Limit (Push)
R2 Toggle Photo/Video
R1 Rate Boost
Menu Toggle Sport/Video
C1 Decrease Exposure
C2 Increase Exposure
Y Return to Home (Long Press = New Home)
X Throw TakeOff + Hand Land
B TakeOff + Land
A Cinematic Mode

Dpad Up Flip Forward
Dpad Down Flip Backward
Dpad Left Flip Left
Dpad Right Flip Right

Let me know what do you think about

Regards
Which GameSir Controller do you have? I have a T1s and I don't see the C1/C2 and Menu buttons.

Thank you. It looks like your T1d C1/C2 buttons would be Turbo/Clear on the T1s and your Menu would be my Start.

Attachments

• gamesir-t1s-bluetooth-wireless-gaming-controller-gamepad-for-android-windows-vr-tv-box.jpg
    gamesir-t1s-bluetooth-wireless-gaming-controller-gamepad-for-android-windows-vr-tv-box.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: xcrost
Thank you. It looks like your T1d C1/C2 buttons would be Turbo/Clear on the T1s and your Menu would be my Start.
C1 / C" and Turbo / Clear are just labels on a button.

The only thing import is the numeric button identifier that the controller sends to Android. Its unlikely these are the same for both controller models, which is one of the reasons controller programming isn't as easy as some people think.
With Flypad and T1D the app itself controls the connection and can identify the controller based on bluetooth identifiers. So for these its feasible to pre-set a number of button actions.

For all other controllers the app is only notified that "Controller XY" has connected, and thats it. The app doesn't know if the controller has 2 buttons or 10, doesn't know which identifiers the controller will send for each button, doesn't know the layout of the controller.
There are thousands of different controller models out there so pre-setting controller buttons for any controller other than Flypad and T1d impossible. Because code 78 could be left shoulder button, or maybe the thumb button under right stick, or DPad-Up.
There is some standard convention for these button identifiers but many controller manufacturers do their own thing, so its useless.

Just finished to test all new functions..

Great JOB!!! All works perfectly...
Also the corrupted video problem seems to be solved (

I like a lot Cinematic and now I understood well the Rate Limit/Boost (that has more sense only with Cinematic.. even if they have some small effects also on other modes)..
They only work in "push" button mode (and I agree that is correct.. like a "Turbo" button)
I like also the Terrain mode.. but have to test it thoroughly

About button mapping with Gamesir .. I want to ask you if you could change the default button mapping (usefull when reinstalling the app or when changing phone..) .. or alternativelly if you can export/save (and then load) button mapping configuration:

I configured the following.. if you agree with those if you could use them as default for next build:

L2 Take Photo/Video
L1 Rate Limit (Push)
R2 Toggle Photo/Video
R1 Rate Boost
Menu Toggle Sport/Video
C1 Decrease Exposure
C2 Increase Exposure
Y Return to Home (Long Press = New Home)
X Throw TakeOff + Hand Land
B TakeOff + Land
A Cinematic Mode

Dpad Up Flip Forward
Dpad Down Flip Backward
Dpad Left Flip Left
Dpad Right Flip Right

Let me know what do you think about

Regards
The next release will have a new default assignment, but -sorry to say- not completely following what you proposed.

DPad for flips F, B, L, R
Shoulder buttons (L1, L2, R1, R2) for speed modes (Video / Sport / Cinematic, Rate Boost / Limit, Stop / Panic)
Menu button for Takeoff & land , hand takeoff & hand land
C1 & C2 for bitrate control + -, exposure control + -
A & B for camera control (switch video vs photo, Shutter / Record, self timer )
X & Y for flight control (RTH, set new home, terrain mode)

That is for T1D.
T1S and some other PS3-style gamepad controllers should be similar, but some will do something completely different.
Flypad will have some more changes due to different button configurations.

Anyway its just the pre-configured mapping and everyone is free to make their own. This pre-configuration will not overwrite existing mappings, it will just be applied on fresh installs, or when controller configs are cleared.

v1.7.2 has been uploaded and will be rolled out in the next hours. This should become the next public version, so the beta warning is removed.
Looking forward to the v1.7.2 added features. Any idea when the final version will be available?

Hi everybody
I'm a new user of Tello and the Famous TelloFPV App :)
I bought and I used this APP since 1 week and I get a little more familiar with the app every day
I have a few questions
- Today I have the release 1.6a P i want to kwnow how tu upgrade in 1.7.x release ? I need to dowload with the PayStore ?
- I try to test the Cinematic mode but i can't access. I tested to press at length in the V mode (Green V icon at the bottom left of the screen) in flight mode and in flight mode with video on but without success. How to process ?

Last edited:
Hi everybody
I'm a new user of Tello and the Famous TelloFPV App :)
I bought and I used this APP since 1 week and I get a little more familiar with the app every day
I have a few questions
- Today I have the release 1.6a P i want to kwnow how tu upgrade in 1.7.x release ? I need to dowload with the PayStore ?
- I try to test the Cinematic mode but i can't access. I tested to press at length in the V mode (Green V icon at the bottom left of the screen) in flight mode and in flight mode with video on but without success. How to process ?

Update using play store.

OK thanks i just try at the moment and it's ok
The upade is successfully apply and i have the cinematic mode

Good

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
v1.7.8 has been released to public. This is hopefully the final 1.7 (I'm running out of numbers).
It contains a number of small bug fixes but also one essential video bug so I'd strongly suggest to update.

People with "special licensing needs" may encounter problems when entering their license codes. Please drop me a line then.

This version has finally returned to the play stores in Russia and Ukraine. These markets are on probation, I will watch this carefully and will remove the app quickly if it is again causing troubles.

I'm running out of numbers
Why? After 1.7.8 comes 1.7.9 and then comes 1.7.10 :)

Does the setting "audible notifications" work properly? I have the switch on in the settings, but not getting any audible notification for low battery for example. media volume setting on the phone is set to 100%.
And I'd like to ask again for a feature I already requested earlier - a binding to open up the menu by controller and navigate through the entries also by controller. Useful for example while in VR view. I'd really appreciate that feature, also because I sometimes simply cannot manage to keep all my particular feature bindings in mind, to be honest ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan