Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Lou M

Reaction score
v1.7.2 has been uploaded and will be rolled out in the next hours. This should become the next public version, so the beta warning is removed.
Looking forward to the v1.7.2 added features. Any idea when the final version will be available?

gtlbe

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I'm a new user of Tello and the Famous TelloFPV App :)
I bought and I used this APP since 1 week and I get a little more familiar with the app every day
I have a few questions
- Today I have the release 1.6a P i want to kwnow how tu upgrade in 1.7.x release ? I need to dowload with the PayStore ?
- I try to test the Cinematic mode but i can't access. I tested to press at length in the V mode (Green V icon at the bottom left of the screen) in flight mode and in flight mode with video on but without success. How to process ?

Last edited:

TelloCarl

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I'm a new user of Tello and the Famous TelloFPV App :)
I bought and I used this APP since 1 week and I get a little more familiar with the app every day
I have a few questions
- Today I have the release 1.6a P i want to kwnow how tu upgrade in 1.7.x release ? I need to dowload with the PayStore ?
- I try to test the Cinematic mode but i can't access. I tested to press at length in the V mode (Green V icon at the bottom left of the screen) in flight mode and in flight mode with video on but without success. How to process ?
Update using play store.

gtlbe

Reaction score
OK thanks i just try at the moment and it's ok
The upade is successfully apply and i have the cinematic mode

Good

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean

volate!lo

Reaction score
v1.7.8 has been released to public. This is hopefully the final 1.7 (I'm running out of numbers).
It contains a number of small bug fixes but also one essential video bug so I'd strongly suggest to update.

People with "special licensing needs" may encounter problems when entering their license codes. Please drop me a line then.

This version has finally returned to the play stores in Russia and Ukraine. These markets are on probation, I will watch this carefully and will remove the app quickly if it is again causing troubles.

AnGo

Reaction score
I'm running out of numbers
Why? After 1.7.8 comes 1.7.9 and then comes 1.7.10 :)

Does the setting "audible notifications" work properly? I have the switch on in the settings, but not getting any audible notification for low battery for example. media volume setting on the phone is set to 100%.
And I'd like to ask again for a feature I already requested earlier - a binding to open up the menu by controller and navigate through the entries also by controller. Useful for example while in VR view. I'd really appreciate that feature, also because I sometimes simply cannot manage to keep all my particular feature bindings in mind, to be honest ^^

volate!lo

Reaction score
Audible notifications should work, but with so many features I don't re-test everything all the time. I'll give it a try

Menu control by stick & button for the main Autopilot menu makes sense, sorry but I just forgot that one.

Santiago

Reaction score
... a feature I already requested earlier - a binding to open up the menu by controller and navigate through the entries also by controller. Useful for example while in VR view. I'd really appreciate that feature, also because I sometimes simply cannot manage to keep all my particular feature bindings in mind, to be honest ^^
Ah yes, a "Smart Audio," style OSD control method, this is a must have for sophisticated FPV interfaces. I first ran up against this problem in my pursuit to fly the Mavic Air through goggles (immersive FPV style.)

I found a reasonable level of success using this Bluetooth finger mouse.

Caveats:

-"Finger painting" on your leg while standing can be awkward. By this point, I was accustomed to sometimes flying from a seated position. This provides the arm of the folding chair, or my thigh, as acceptable surface on which to operate the finger mouse.

-Tello's control system is notoriously susceptible to interference from anything communicating on the 2.4GHz band. (I once had a Tello flyoff, from merely whispering words, "two point four gigahertz." XD) After accumulating literally hundreds of hours of building and flying open source flight control FPV quads, I'm considering a major Tello mod right now, and if I do dust them off, Ill test this setup for interference.

xcrost

Reaction score
I'm loving the new features! Awesome! Is it possible & easy to add a terrain mode icon to VR display? Thanks! :)

volate!lo

Reaction score
I'm loving the new features! Awesome! Is it possible & easy to add a terrain mode icon to VR display? Thanks! :)
ooops, missed that
of course. An icon would probably not make look good, but some "T" marker or maybe a message whenever Terrain is switched on /off.

Last edited:
Reactions: IroN

xcrost

Reaction score
Just a "T" would be great! Pretty cool feature esp. for sideways and reverse ;)

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
v1.7.8 has been released to public. This is hopefully the final 1.7 (I'm running out of numbers).
It contains a number of small bug fixes but also one essential video bug so I'd strongly suggest to update.

People with "special licensing needs" may encounter problems when entering their license codes. Please drop me a line then.
Hello my friend :)

Well it seems that i am one of those who have "special licensing needs" LOL

Went to upgrade my samsung galaxy s5 and now it will not start (no internet on that phone)
my old tablet that i still use for downloading my paid app works but need to fix the samsung s5 so i can fly once again.

THANK YOU AND I HOPE THAT YOU ARE HAVING THE BEST YEAR EVER WITH YOUR APP.

WORTH EVERY PENNY AND THEN SOME :)

volate!lo

Reaction score
Hello my friend :)

Well it seems that i am one of those who have "special licensing needs" LOL

Went to upgrade my samsung galaxy s5 and now it will not start (no internet on that phone)
my old tablet that i still use for downloading my paid app works but need to fix the samsung s5 so i can fly once again.

THANK YOU AND I HOPE THAT YOU ARE HAVING THE BEST YEAR EVER WITH YOUR APP.

WORTH EVERY PENNY AND THEN SOME :)
PM sent!
And Thank you!

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
I wanted to come on here and say sorry to anybody that needs "special Licensing Needs" in the future, Voltello just refunded my money for the app i bought a year ago ( I was the one that left the very first official review on google play) Helped sell and promote the app along with about 10-15 people here on this forum. supported him to no end. always refered as many people as i can to buy his app. (HE WILL NO LONGER BE DOING ANY SPECIAL LICENSE NEEDS ANYMORE) Now you will be forced to use the horrible google play (virus/intrusion) because of all the a-holes that treated him bad and stole his stuff and now we have to suffer because of it. (i guess he forgot that i was one of the very first people to support him and his app)

here's the story.....
I had a old tablet that i used google play one time to buy TelloFPV and talked to him first hand a year ago.
(only app i ever bought on google play ever by the way) but it was old and slow and google play slowed it down more and screwed it up like crazy for some reason. and that tablet was a 10 inch tablet that would not fit onto the T1s controller. I never bought or used any app ever until tellfpv (yes, it is that good)

so i asked volatello if i bought a brand new phone just for the tello so i can use the new controller i bought (only purpose for this new phone is the tellofpv app, nothing else) can i transfer his app (using a thing called app extractor on google play) to that phone and not have to worry about google play screwing up another device of mine. (google play screwed up my tablet so much that ONLY used it for updates for TelloFPV now.) NOTHING ELSE !!! I just want to film myself and the guys cutting down trees and helping people like we do everyday.

When i told him that i can use an app extractor to transfer the install apk to the new phone, he said ok, and gave me a special code to enter in a (hidden easter egg) video game style back door that he had programmed into his software by doing certain things on his homescreen. (up popped a hidden box where you enter this code and everything was fine) All was perfect (up to version 1.6) (until the last update that is) installed the code that he gave me to use 24 times/updates with no problems on my new galaxy s5 that i only use to fly the tello, nothing else..

Tried to install/update to 1.7.8 and was very happy to go out and fly my beloved tello drone with the greatest app ever.
(long story short, my tello went up about 30 feet or so and my screen/app froze and my tello flew away)

talked to him last night again saying that my drone just flew away. was kinda upset because i just lost 100 bucks :(

Sent him my apk file and everything i had so he could look at it and let me know what went wrong. he was mad at me for being upset that my drone just flew away (lost 100+ bucks) and i was asking for some help to try to find out what went wrong. yep, still confused about that.......he blamed me for using that app extractor that he knew about a year ago messing up the app or something. I was like, but i told you that is how i transferred the app from my tablet to that new phone so i didn't have to use google play anymore. He said fine a year ago, so i have been doing the exact same way for 24 updates and he would give me the code to enter in his hidden option in the app and everything was just fine.
(and of course, the code he gave me would ONLY work on that phone so he had no worries about other people using it)

well, he just refunded my only purchase on google play (from a year ago) that i ever had and said not to use his app/software anymore. i was COMPLETELY confused about this and still am....

I want to thank him for creating the ONLY reason i ever kept my tello drone in the first place. TelloFPV is the best app out there in the world for flying your tello, and i will never deny that. But i just can't bring myself to have to install google play again on my brand new phone and risk wrecking that phone/tablet as well just to fly my other tello. So today will have to be the last day that i use this little guy and will be giving it away to my nephew.

THANK YOU VOLATELLO FOR ALL THAT YOU CREATED WITH THIS AWESOME APP, IT IS TOO BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO TREAT ME LIKE A BAD PERSON WHEN ALL I DID IS SUPPORT YOU. GAVE YOU YOUR VERY FIRST REVIEW ON GOOGLE PLAY. ALL I WANTED TO DO IS FILM US CUTTING DOWN TREES LIKE WE DID ALL YEAR AND HELP PEOPLE.

Please remember, I was the FIRST person to leave a review a google play to get the ball rollling for him and one of the very first person to buy his app/software with my credit card.

note: i understand that he has every right to do whatever he wants with his software, it just seems that he forgot that i was one of the very first people out there to support him and his app. it is sad that he has to treat everybody like a crook today because a-holes out there had did him wrong.SO I AM SORRY FOR THIS EVERYBODY :(

Attachments

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Perun