Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

open about screen, tap 3x on the credits section, enter "sip=192.168.10.1" (without quotes, and with your Tello IP of course).
Then exit & restart the app.

I never tried it though and never heard of anyone who did so you are the guinea pig. I read somewhere that Tello doesn't send video in station mode so video may not work at all.

You will have to set it back to 192.168.10.1 once you want to use the app with a Tello in normal wifi mode.

Thanks and sorry for the late answer.

I was able to set the ip address to a new value, Tello FPV confirmed it.
I was not able to connect Tello FPV to the new address, but this is probably my fault.
The first try was with my phone acting as access point. Maybe ist does not work

The second try was with an existing wifi which I use to connect my computer to the internet, but I am not sure if I found the correct ip address.
I used an IP scanner and tried all alive hosts with Tello3.py, but was not able to connect.
So, TelloFPV did not have a chance to connect. Maybe I misspelled SSID or password on Tello or Tello FPV.

It is true that Tello doesn't stream the video when in station mode. I tried receiving the stream with ffmpeg which works when Tello acts as access point, but not when I use the phone as access point.
So there is not much point in using Tello FPV when Tello is connected to a different WLAN.
Don't put much effort in this case.

I use the Tello EDU in station mode for different reasons, using Tello FPV when in station mode is not a vital thing.

Reactions: volate!lo
Hi, as I really appreciate your work from just reading through different boards, do you plan to bring the follow me to the Android version? Would be a lot of trouble, snatching my wife's iPad just to fly the Tello (which I'm still waiting for to be delivered).
Would be glad to support your work through paying for the app, hopefully the anti piracy mechanisms work out well for your app! Unfortunately a friend of mine did his best by implementing a once in a month online check with Google play to avoid subscription stuff...

Hi, as I really appreciate your work from just reading through different boards, do you plan to bring the follow me to the Android version? Would be a lot of trouble, snatching my wife's iPad just to fly the Tello (which I'm still waiting for to be delivered).
Would be glad to support your work through paying for the app, hopefully the anti piracy mechanisms work out well for your app! Unfortunately a friend of mine did his best by implementing a once in a month online check with Google play to avoid subscription stuff...
I am working on it. The app itself works and I have implemented and tested 6 or so appraoches but none has achieved acceptable performance.
I figured I want at least phones like Samsung S8 to work OK, but I am not yet there.

Funny to see that a 2015 Iphone outpaces a 2017 premium Android by 50% easily when running the same neural nets

Piracy is indeed a major concern for the android platform. TelloFpv is more or less under control, but I will see how this will work for the TelloMe app.

Thanks for the insight! Do you work with a cross compiling language/framework or do you try to leverage platform specific APIs?
Looking for a new Android phone in the next few months, would be interesting to know the priorities ?

For TelloFpv I used platform native java.

For TelloMe iOS is tried Xamarin, but really support for bleeding edge technologies like computer vision this isn't the best choice.

For TelloMe Android I used java again.

Reactions: FosCo
Oh cool, just have seen that you are working on an Android Version of TelloMe. I have seen some vids on YT and hoped you will do it for Android too.
I own an HTC U11 and an P30 Pro. So if you need help to test some phones, just PM me.
Good luck!

Reactions: Porriniz
very anxious for the arrival of TELLOME ANDROID I have a huawey y9 2019, and I hope it works for me because with Tello FPV I have failures, I get damaged in a drone, I crash and I burn an engine but I have faith that everything will go well with TELLOME, everything cannot being bad in life.

Has anyone suggest a camera pass thru mode for when you are wearing your FPV goggles and want to see your surroundings via your cell camera?

it's for those times you hear something around you, instead of removing your goggles you can press a button and a Picture in picture of your cell camera view can appear on screen.

very anxious for the arrival of TELLOME ANDROID I have a huawey y9 2019, and I hope it works for me because with Tello FPV I have failures, I get damaged in a drone, I crash and I burn an engine but I have faith that everything will go well with TELLOME, everything cannot being bad in life.
I will get back to you as soon as I have the info that I asked for in my last email (screenshot of tellofpv and email of the play store account).

Has anyone suggest a camera pass thru mode for when you are wearing your FPV goggles and want to see your surroundings via your cell camera?

it's for those times you hear something around you, instead of removing your goggles you can press a button and a Picture in picture of your cell camera view can appear on screen.
That has been asked before but its a lot of effort to implement, and only a handful of people would ever use it.
According to Google analytics less than 2% of all users have ever used the VR mode for longer than 2 minutes.

I tried (and wanted) to use VR.. but it was impossible with my GearVR. When you connect it to the phone it always launch its app (Oculus) and there is no way to use any other app

Inviato dal mio ZFlip utilizzando Tapatalk

So here is what I received from you:
  • a couple of emails about your drone being broken by my app
  • a GPA order number that according to Play store has not purchased TelloFpv
  • an email addresses that according to Play Store has not purchased TelloFpv
  • a screenshot that shows you run a cracked app.
Your drone was damaged by the cracked APK. And you think I should care and do something about it. Nope ?
Its not a bug - its a feature.

How to fix your problem:
Go to play store, purchase TelloFpv, and install it straight from play store. The original app does not have these problems.

Bad things happen with a cracked APK. But very few morons have the guts to send me a complain. I have very little sympathy for crooks stealing my work.

Last edited:
So here is what I received from you:
  • a couple of emails about your drone being broken by my app
  • a GPA order number that according to Play store has not purchased TelloFpv
  • an email addresses that according to Play Store has not purchased TelloFpv
  • a screenshot that shows you run a cracked app.
Your drone was damaged by the cracked APK. And you think I should care and do something about it. Nope ?
Its not a bug - its a feature.

How to fix your problem:
Go to play store, purchase TelloFpv, and install it straight from play store. The original app does not have these problems.

Bad things happen with a cracked APK. But very few morons have the guts to send me a complain. I have very little sympathy for crooks stealing my work.

Pues de todas forma ya envié la queja y petición a Google store no tengo la culpa tampoco que tu aplicación tenga errores y que por tu aplicación también mal hecha haya dañado mi drone, tengo el aporte de instalación y sigue siendo tu firma la que está representando tu marca de mierda. Me tratas de ladrón y te envié toda la información que me pediste maldito imbecil. A mie respetas y el ladrón serás vos te robaste mi plata.

Pues de todas forma ya envié la queja y petición a Google store no tengo la culpa tampoco que tu aplicación tenga errores y que por tu aplicación también mal hecha haya dañado mi drone, tengo el aporte de instalación y sigue siendo tu firma la que está representando tu marca de mierda. Me tratas de ladrón y te envié toda la información que me pediste maldito imbecil. A mie respetas y el ladrón serás vos te robaste mi plata.
I treat you like a crook because you have never purchased my app and run a cracked APK. That qualifies you as a crook.
You tell me I should learn about customer service - guess what: It's for customers - not for people like you!

The damage to your drone was not caused by my app but by cracked APK. Please file a complain with the pirate - or learn to crack an APK properly if you have done it yourself.
Sorry but I don't feel like faking sympathy. You got what you deserve.

Last edited:
I tried (and wanted) to use VR.. but it was impossible with my GearVR. When you connect it to the phone it always launch its app (Oculus) and there is no way to use any other app

Inviato dal mio ZFlip utilizzando Tapatalk

To disable Oculus autostart, issue the command:
adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc

To enable it again, issue:
adb shell "pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843