Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Windows PC??? We are talking about Samsung GearVr connected with its cable to Smartphone..

Inviato dal mio ZFlip utilizzando Tapatalk

Windows PC??? We are talking about Samsung GearVr connected with its cable to Smartphone..

So you can't connect that same USB cable to a computer? If not then the answer to your original question is obviously yes - obviously the phone has to be rooted before you can get to a command line

Should I join the beta program? I don't want to take any risks though.
No real risks involved... if you're talkin about uncommanded flyaways or crashes.

Maybe a new feature doesn't work exactly right on one phone or another but unlike many apps on the Play Store, volate!lo's apps are thoroughly tested before he releases them even to Beta. And when bugs are reported he fixes them ASAP

IMO, he's a developer like none other I've seen... he's involved, he's sincere, and he cares about the quality of his finished product.

So you can't connect that same USB cable to a computer? If not then the answer to your original question is obviously yes - obviously the phone has to be rooted before you can get to a command line
Ok thanks for the suggestion but I can't use it as I don't want to root it..
I always use the original Firmware for many reasons..
Happy Easter

To disable Oculus service to allow you to use Samsung VR and TelloFPV

Androidd developer tools download and install ADB standalone: How to Install ADB on Windows, macOS, and Linux/

Connect phone to computer and run following via command line:

To disable Oculus autostart, issue the command:

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc"

To enable it again, issue:

adb shell "pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc"

No root required. Tested on s8+ running Pie, windows 10 and Gear VR 2008, I can't remember if I had to enable USB Debugging in Developer Mode or not

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean

You need to connect your phone to a PC via cable and use the command line on the pc to disable the Oculus service on the Samsung which launches upon detecting the VR headset being connected to the phone. This allows use Google cardboard apps. No root required

Last edited:
To disable Oculus service to allow you to use Samsung VR and TelloFPV

Androidd developer tools download and install ADB standalone: How to Install ADB on Windows, macOS, and Linux/

Connect phone to computer and run following via command line:

To disable Oculus autostart, issue the command:

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc"

To enable it again, issue:

adb shell "pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc"

No root required. Tested on s8+ running Pie, windows 10 and Gear VR 2008, I can't remember if I had to enable USB Debugging in Developer Mode or not
I will take a look.. even if I am surprised if ADB Shell will send command to a non rooted phone.. but will try and let you know
Thanks

I will take a look.. even if I am surprised if ADB Shell will send command to a non rooted phone.. but will try and let you know
Thanks

I tested and it works!!!
Great!!
I was looking for such solution from a ver long time..
Now I can use the TelloFPV app with my GearVR (it works fine)!
Thanks a lot for your great suggestion..

Hello.
Can you add support for ethernet connection?
It works in original tello app.

I mean: tello ---> router ---> LAN ---> LAN to microUSB ---> phone

Could you explain the purpose?
Less interference because we using 1 wifi instead of 2, and we can get stronger signal using external antenna connected to the router
Any wifi extender/repeater receive signal from drone and send it again to phone = 2 WIFI

Less interference because we using 1 wifi instead of 2, and we can get stronger signal using external antenna connected to the router
Any wifi extender/repeater receive signal from drone and send it again to phone = 2 WIFI
These 2 wifis know each other and chose their timeslots accordingly, there is no interference caused by an extender.

Hi, I have tellofpv v1.8.4. I fly it indoors very often and movement seems unnatural with video mode. Is there any way to open sport mode on app startup?(edit: the motion in the video stream)

Last edited:
the unnatural moves are because Tello slows down & filters input to allow for video stabilization. There is no way to start up in sport mode,. but its just one tap to flip to sport

Would it be possible to add a configurable feature in settings to automatically disable bluetooth during TelloFPV running?
I often forget to switch BT off before flying because I usually wear a Smartwatch, and when recording videos while BT is on, I often have short breaks in the video stream at the end, so I afterwards always curse that I again forgot about the f***ing BT setting.. Maybe the software could help here in some way to no longer forget about this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted