Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

What I did, whith somehow nice results, is to speed up the circle video, x2 using in example Windows Moovie Maker...
But it also increases some "vibration"...

@volate!lo ¿Is it feasible to increase the tangencial speed without loosing video stabiliaztion?

Regards
Next version will have a speed range 10-100%. At 100% it will do the same speed as if you move the roll stick to the maximum and have the rate at 100%.
If an object is closer that 6m the speed is proportionally reduced.

You can switch between video mode / sport mode as you like even when the autopilot is active. Video mode has the image stabilization but Tello is fairly slow then. Maybe you can use sportmode and do the stabilization later at home.

Bummer. I just tried your app (demo) to make sure my bluetooth controller works. All buttons work EXCEPT the d-pad. I guess it's still usable but those 4 d-pad buttons would be very helpful.

Makes no sense to me because all other android apps I use that support controller work just fine. Any pointers or is this app just special?

By the way. The controller is a Razer Serval. It's pretty much a generic BT controller with added android back and home buttons.

Last edited:
Yeah, i realized that the imu temp value i found isn't the temp i was looking for. It never exceeds 66 C so i removed it. I will completely remove the warningt before making the final update.

I can confirm annoying temperature warning message totally dissapear into last build

Thanks a lot, @volate!lo

raul.

Bummer. I just tried your app (demo) to make sure my bluetooth controller works. All buttons work EXCEPT the d-pad. I guess it's still usable but those 4 d-pad buttons would be very helpful.

Makes no sense to me because all other android apps I use that support controller work just fine. Any pointers or is this app just special?

By the way. The controller is a Razer Serval. It's pretty much a generic BT controller with added android back and home buttons.

Some controllers report DPad with somewhat non-standard button IDs, some report them as sticks. These controllers with "special needs" are currently not fully supported.
This will change in a future release, sometime in February.

Some controllers report DPad with somewhat non-standard button IDs, some report them as sticks. These controllers with "special needs" are currently not fully supported.
This will change in a future release, sometime in February.
Using a gamepad testing app it looks like my controller reports the dpad as an X/Y axis HAT. Is that what you are talking about? Anyway, it's still the best Tello app I have tried so I just bought it.
Thanks for all this hard work.

thats what I meant. Its a button but not reported as a button but as an axis. Seems to be quite common but was unknown to me when I developed that part of the system.
This needs a bit of work so it has been postponed to after the VR release.

F P V enabled version 1.0

Where are you? #cantwait

Just trying to be funny here. You certainly have 813937 seconds until the end of January!

F P V enabled version 1.0

Where are you? #cantwait

Just trying to be funny here. You certainly have 813937 seconds until the end of January!
You know that there could be Version 0.995

Do you know the movie back to the Future Marty saw the Jaws 19 Trailer??
tumblr_m5dah1lmta1r1k874o1_500.gif

Reactions: trelo
Hi all,

When first using TelloFpv I noticed that after changing maximum altitude setting, with Tello hovering up in the air, the app lost control of Tello: no command nor menu was working any more. I had to exit the app, leaving Tello hoverkng alone, and restart it to regain control. A bit scaring..
This happened to me on two different devices (mobile).
Additionally ( I think it was just after restarting, sorry don't remember exactely) the screen was not shown any video streming: it stayed black until I switched to camera and back to video mode.
I believe both behaviour are unintended, right?

In any case, greate app! Keep developing it.

One of the thing I like most compared to the official app is the better usability of the sport mode, which is often required when flying outdoor in some wind, thanks to expo.
One suggestion: also implement a "rate limiter" (mostly for pitch & roll) so that control value does not jump immediately to the joystick value but rather grows in time with a maximum rate (e.g. of the order of 1-2s to go from 0% to 100%). This should help avoid the sudden change in attitude when recording videos.
In fact, the feature (user configurable) could be automagically activated only when recording is on.
I believe that something similar is used by Tello's firmware when in video mode.

Luca

Can you pls send me the device ID in a private communication. You can find it under "menu => about". This allows me to see if any error was reported.

The feature you are requesting (filtering of inputs to dampen the result of inaccurate thumbs) would not only work for smoothing movements. It would also dampen the stick input when you actually want to stop / correct direction fast. Not sure if this is a good idea.

I have the telloFPV demo app and have paired my gamesir T1 controller with my J7 android 8.1.0 phone but cannot get the controller to work with the demo app via bluetooth or OTG. Can someone help

Does the demo app not work with controllers? It works on screen just fine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv