Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Back to topic.

v1.02 has been released on Google Play beta test stream. As usual it will be available in a few minutes / hours after play store has updated it's cache.

New
* Controller support for non-standard USB / OTG controllers
* DPad & L2/R2 supported
* Drone control axes Yaw, Throttle, Roll, Pitch can be mapped to buttons for binary control using keyfob sized controllers
* Functions can be mapped to analogue sticks

Fixes
* Phone battery reported 0% causing crash on some phones

Known issue: CSC arming doesn't work reliably. Will be fixed later today.

You should now be able to use larger high precision controllers like Flysky now
1550144678215.png

But the coolest feature is that you can now control tello using key-fob sized controllers like these
1550144335512.png1550144541863.png
Just enough buttons for yaw, pitch, up/down and shutter / selfie timer.
This is binary control: if you press a button for yaw left this means 100% yaw left. Just like pushing your usual yaw stick full left. So be sure to assign suitable rates or you'll have nasty surprises.

Last edited:
Back to topic.

v1.02 has been released on Google Play beta test stream. As usual it will be available in a few minutes / hours after play store has updated it's cache.

New
* Controller support for non-standard USB / OTG controllers
* DPad & L2/R2 supported
* Drone control axes Yaw, Throttle, Roll, Pitch can be mapped to buttons for binary control using keyfob sized controllers
* Functions can be mapped to analogue sticks
* Beep on deactivation of autopilots

Fixes
* Phone battery reported 0% causing crash on some phones

Known issue: CSC arming doesn't work reliably. Will be fixed later today.

You should now be able to use larger high precision controllers like Flysky now
View attachment 3202

But the coolest feature is that you can now control tello using key-fob sized controllers like these
View attachment 3200View attachment 3201
Just enough buttons for yaw, pitch, up/down and shutter / selfie timer.
This is binary control: if you press a button for yaw left this means 100% yaw left. Just like pushing your usual yaw stick full left. So be sure to assign suitable rates or you'll have nasty surprises.
..a bit in prob.
Just clear controller settings, and I am not able to control it anymore.
I don't know why, but the stick weren't responding as well, later I tried to remap the most important stick to get it take off, but no correct control.
I am speaking about BT gamepad obviuosly.

..a bit in prob.
Just clear controller settings, and I am not able to control it anymore.
I don't know why, but the stick weren't responding as well, later I tried to remap the most important stick to get it take off, but no correct control.
I am speaking about BT gamepad obviuosly.

:unsure: Maybe try delete & re-install?

Although it is not important, but I noticed on the flight log that some entries (text) is not aligned and I find a space under the last flight (-)
Now I do not remember if it was this way in previous versions, but I think so ...
Thanks Volate!lo(y)
2019-02-14 14.51.42.png

So could this radio now work with tello? model: Flysky FS-I6S

Last edited:
I'll have to play with 1.02 later, no time this a.m., but good thing I had a backup of 1.01.

After updating, clearing controllers, re-scanning to find the Gamesir T1s (BT), all stick movements except yaw were backwards and unpredictable rate/expo-wise... just touch down-throttle stick and it would shoot up! Also sticks didn't seem to 'go nuetral' when centered... Tello was wandering around like a drunkard, pretty fast too. I grabbed the phone and landed with onscreen sticks.... went into Controller Tuning and clicked 'reverse' on the sticks, took off again, same behavior.

After reverting to 1.01 and re-do settings, everything fine.

Now I'm not complaining by any means! Just wanted you to know.

It may be that I just need to spend some time in the Controller Tuning menus.

Galaxy S5, 6.01, Gamesir T1s

Reactions: Arthuar
Although it is not important, but I noticed on the flight log that some entries (text) is not aligned and I find a space under the last flight (-)
Now I do not remember if it was this way in previous versions, but I think so ...
Thanks Volate!lo(y)
View attachment 3205

So could this radio now work with tello? model: Flysky FS-I6S

yes, should work

I'll have to play with 1.02 later, no time this a.m., but good thing I had a backup of 1.01.

After updating, clearing controllers, re-scanning to find the Gamesir T1s (BT), all stick movements except yaw were backwards and unpredictable rate/expo-wise... just touch down-throttle stick and it would shoot up! Also sticks didn't seem to 'go nuetral' when centered... Tello was wandering around like a drunkard, pretty fast too. I grabbed the phone and landed with onscreen sticks.... went into Controller Tuning and clicked 'reverse' on the sticks, took off again, same behavior.

After reverting to 1.01 and re-do settings, everything fine.

Now I'm not complaining by any means! Just wanted you to know.

It may be that I just need to spend some time in the Controller Tuning menus.

Galaxy S5, 6.01, Gamesir T1s

Could you try with a fresh install of the beta version? I'm puzzled by these problems.

Hey all you, that value Volatel!o development and support!!!

We can do something more than saying: "Thank you" or "Please include this, or that in your next release"...
We can promote his great job!

In example, if there is any Tello oriented, Facebook group or any other networking way in your area/country, lets them know about TelloFPV app!

I have found the "official" DJI forum at: DJI TELLO forum and did it there
You also can post there your personal thinking about what Volate!lo did, there...

Regards
Gabriel

Could you try with a fresh install of the beta version? I'm puzzled by these problems.

OK, I did. Went to 'manage apps', cleared TelloFPV cache, data, and uninstalled (1.01)

Fresh install of 1.02 from playstore, same stick behavior except this time Tello had stable hover... yaw = correct, all other axis backwards. Landed, went into mapping and reversed pitch, roll, throttle. This time pitch and throttle correct, roll backwards... back into mapping changed roll back to 'normal' and all stick movements as they should be... strange.

p.s. I did not reboot phone, may try that next...

Reactions: volate!lo
I'm sorry, but I may have been wrong about roll being backwards to begin with.

Just for kicks, and to see if the problem was the same, I connected the T1s with OTG cable.

Stable hover, but only pitch and throttle was backwards... seems it something in the Y axis?

these radio controls, how do they connect to the smartphone to TelloFPV via WiFi or Bluetooth?
Hi, i have flysky, i will try to test it this week-end and will tell you how it works. I plan to plug it on my phone on otg thanks to an adaptator (I will give you the description link about that).

Big thank you to @volate!lo !

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode