Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Pilot ( my wife )

Dwight

Reaction score
Did our walk a few blocks to the park and back with my wife today, took my Tello with me ( in the case ). I hooked up the controller and flew it for a minute or two and then handed the controller ( with my phone attached ) to my wife. In a very few seconds she was astounded at how easy it was to fly, she is actually now interested ( see you can teach a 64 year old lady new tricks ) She has now admitted that she is looking forward to my getting the DJI Spark I have been talking about getting. There was a light wind but it held solid for her. she flew it around and landed it on a picnic bench table.

She was very impressed

( After a ton of research, I have decided I really dont need the Mavic Air, I am no photographer, certainly not a You tube type. I just want something small and easy that I can take a decent picture with, 1080p is fine for video. With the features it has, I really dont see the point in spending more. The only downside now is... Spark 2 is likely coming, and that will drop the price of the current Spark.... but.... I will probably want to get the new one. Time I have, our long driving vacation will not be until 2020 anyway. )

Last edited:
Wow, a woman who likes at least one of her hubbies hobbies. That is a rarity..Enjoy the gift, my friend..
Your enthusiasm for this fun activity shines in your post.
Thanks for yer comments.......
>>>>>>>>FLY SAFE>>>>>>>>

Yeah I married a keeper, my wife was fantastic Balloon crew ( I used to fly Hot Air Balloons ), when I got into astronomy, she became quite the galaxy hunter, she games on the PC with me. I would not trade her for a trainload of gold

I did the same thing but with a DJI phantom fc40 maybe 10 flights and it sat 2to3 months no play so I sold it I don't think she even notice it gone lol

I'm planning on trying to get my wife interested in flying the Tello. She's never flown before so we'll see how it goes, slow and steady.

Reactions: Rattydude77

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv