Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Tello Pilot questions

Rodento

Reaction score
I discovered that I can link a PS4 controller to my iPhone and fly with that. Amazing! Not that the virtual sticks were terrible but real joysticks are way better. I do have a few questions.

1. I have noticed that interior lighting and single color carpet gives me warnings about insufficient lighting. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Does anyone use the giant cage like prop guard that covers the entire unit? I have crashed a few times nothing is damaged yet... Would it reduce my flight time? or change the way it handles in a noticeable way?

3. How fragile is the Tello? Should I be worried about hurting it?

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter
Ro

I can attest to the fact that the Tello takes quite a lot of bashing!

I don't think the protective cages significantly reduce flight time - maybe only by a couple of minutes.

Beware of going near trees with the cage on - or even just with normal prop-guards on. Designers of Christmas tree decorations could learn a lesson from Tello prop-guards. They rarely fail to hang themselves up when you hit twigs or branches 50 feet above the ground!

Reactions: akward59
My 1st post. Tell me if I’m doing this right.. Tello is my 1st drone & got it last month. I agree with Richard Benjamin about prop guards and trees. Took nail clippers to my guards and I haven’t got stuck in a tree since. (See photo). Also love my new colored props, they are so much easier to find after a crash. I’d remove the guards, but I’m still learning and this still protects fine.
I bought TelloMe & TelloFPV apps right from the start. ? Using an old asus rt-n13u router as repeater for testing. Easy 30m straight up, but need better transmission for imagery.

Attachments

• 840EB31C-0507-475D-823C-C5A857695825.jpeg
    840EB31C-0507-475D-823C-C5A857695825.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • EA8A1D69-D3E4-4636-A3F5-5A202DD8212C.jpeg
    EA8A1D69-D3E4-4636-A3F5-5A202DD8212C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: volate!lo
when I started to move up when the tello drone was on my laptop case (with stickers on it) I got the insufficient lighting warning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode