Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Version of Tello Stock App in Play Store

AnGo

Reaction score
In Google Play Store appeared an Update for the Tello App from Ryze.
In the Changelog there is mentioned an Extention Module:
"1.Adds activation for the extention module."
Does someone know what is meant by that?

The DJI Tello Ryze has been upgrade to DJI Robomaster TT Tello Talent ( Part of a robotic series - named Robomaster ) It is not being sold in the USA. To upgrade the older4 model Tello, they are selling n extension model in china. it consists of a LED matrix,, extension adaptor, and a few other things. We made a video of it before Christmas. It also uses a new SDK 3.0. So far all the instructions are only in Chinese. ( But Goggle translate does a very good job of translating them to English ) You can view the video on our Youtube channel MECATX. It appears the old Tello as we know it is gone. It was not just DJI. it was another small company that DJI probably bought out. I hope this helps. We will probably make a few more videos on the extension module in the near future., as we leanr to use it.

The DJI Tello Ryze has been upgrade to DJI Robomaster TT Tello Talent ( Part of a robotic series - named Robomaster ) It is not being sold in the USA. To upgrade the older4 model Tello, they are selling n extension model in china. it consists of a LED matrix,, extension adaptor, and a few other things. We made a video of it before Christmas. It also uses a new SDK 3.0. So far all the instructions are only in Chinese. ( But Goggle translate does a very good job of translating them to English ) You can view the video on our Youtube channel MECATX. It appears the old Tello as we know it is gone. It was not just DJI. it was another small company that DJI probably bought out. I hope this helps. We will probably make a few more videos on the extension module in the near future., as we leanr to use it.

Where is the Tello gone? Still for sale in DJI shop as far as I can see.
Amazon delisted them, but I think thats because of the high return rate due to the camera problems (which they still refuse to acknowledge). Well, at least I returned4 to them before giving up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruchpilot
I do not think, the Tello as we know it will be upgraded by DJI. It was not their product to begin with. it was a small company RYZE compared with DJI. it was RYZE, DJI, and Intel ( swarm drone experts ) combined that designed it, and RYZE marketed it along with DJI. They will probably let it die a slow death, and use the good design for their own goals. They will probably go after the education market and not the consumer with the Tello.. We have several Tello's and now a few extension kits. It is a great drone, but selling to low with many returns to make a profit. i do not thnki it was designed for outdoors, and many are pushing the limits and expecting to much of it to survive.

I strongly doubt that Ryze is a "small company". Everything I have seen indicates its a subsidiary of DJI.
Same address, lawyer, patent filings, development staff, support staff, flight controller and core components, digital signatures and certificates, same naming conventions, DJI's VPS , same main distribution channel, ....

Everything Ryze owned when Tello was announced was a fresh, unrelated brand name - so fresh it has never shown any business activity before or any activity outside the Tello area. I am pretty sure that Ryze is just the consumer / toy / Stem experiment of DJI.

But I agree that DJI may probably let it die. Although there is room for something like Tello. Smaller than the mini and cheaper but still somewhat capable. Add an SD card and a 180 degree fisheye with electronic gimbal and you have a killer drone for another few years.
Tello is an entry drug into the drone world.

I strongly doubt that Ryze is a "small company". Everything I have seen indicates its a subsidiary of DJI.
Same address, lawyer, patent filings, development staff, support staff, flight controller and core components, digital signatures and certificates, same naming conventions, DJI's VPS , same main distribution channel, ....

Everything Ryze owned when Tello was announced was a fresh, unrelated brand name - so fresh it has never shown any business activity before or any activity outside the Tello area. I am pretty sure that Ryze is just the consumer / toy / Stem experiment of DJI.

But I agree that DJI may probably let it die. Although there is room for something like Tello. Smaller than the mini and cheaper but still somewhat capable. Add an SD card and a 180 degree fisheye with electronic gimbal and you have a killer drone for another few years.
Tello is an entry drug into the drone world.

"Tello is an entry drug into the drone world." - Haha! I couldn't agree with you more! FPV had me hooked years ago when the cheap drones started to hit the US markets. I had a few Holy Stone / Eachine / EMax and various others. Found the Tello in November of 2020 to break into a more docile camera drone. (one that can fly itself)

This will probably lead me to upgrade to another similar drone, or if RYZE comes out with another, I'll give that a go! I'm not quite ready to send a $500 DJI Mavic Mini2 up just yet.

See my post about adding a fisheye camera. I plan to try the Insta360 Go. No gimbal, but has EIS and is 1080p resolution. :)

- Adi

I had a few Parrot Bebop that use a 180 deg fisheye camera and some image processor onboard. That basically gives an electronic realtime gimbal with no moving parts. Just like Tello does with the image stabilization, but with the benefit of being able to move the gimbal. One could wear VR glasses and look up, down, left right.

Of course that fisheye comes at the cost of image quality, but the Bebop already had some decent FHD and that was 7 years ago. It should not be a problem today to shrink this technology down to Tello size.

Combined with an SD card that would be a game changer like Tello used to be 2 years ago. Ultra portable, extremely rugged, quick to setup and fly, decent footage. Good enough for many use cases (I don't need 4k in the sky for my holiday footage).

The mini is nice, and very stable. But it's already in a different league... I have one but don't really fly it that often

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobcat
I had a few Parrot Bebop that use a 180 deg fisheye camera and some image processor onboard. That basically gives an electronic realtime gimbal with no moving parts. Just like Tello does with the image stabilization, but with the benefit of being able to move the gimbal. One could wear VR glasses and look up, down, left right.

Of course that fisheye comes at the cost of image quality, but the Bebop already had some decent FHD and that was 7 years ago. It should not be a problem today to shrink this technology down to Tello size.

Combined with an SD card that would be a game changer like Tello used to be 2 years ago. Ultra portable, extremely rugged, quick to setup and fly, decent footage. Good enough for many use cases (I don't need 4k in the sky for my holiday footage).

The mini is nice, and very stable. But it's already in a different league... I have one but don't really fly it that often
I Still have my Bebop and I like it to fly more than the Dji mini 1, cant tell why, just for pure joy of flight, Mavic Mini goes out only when video is needed and tello is mostly used because it fits everywhere and weights nothing, no remote needed.
But it never ocured to me to make a mini beebop, aka 180 degree lens in tello. that would be a game changer in that category.
I like your idea very much! That would be more welcome addition than gps or brushless

Reactions: volate!lo
Entry drug indeed… I’ve long wanted a remote controlled toy since being overcome with jealousy with other kids that had toy planes and helicopters in the 90s.

Time went on , I got older and made my way in life and these … quadcopters came into the market.

They got cheaper and cheaper and finally I asked my sister a simple 20$ toy drone when she asked what I wanted for my birthday.

It was fun but then I realized how lacking it was when it couldn’t even fight the gentlest breeze. I was sold when I finally came across the tello on youtube. Promptly my local online seller got my order and here I am with my first decent drone.

Now with what it can do I’m already thinking about the mini SE in a year or two or perhaps to get a cheap FPV drone. 4KM distance is certainly just amazing but probably the sheer flyability of a DIY tiny FPV drone would be so much more fun.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv