Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

No WiFi connection

Geo

Reaction score
I need some advice with my tello mini drone, I can't seen to find it in the WiFi section, I have used different devices, reset it and more, still nothing can any1 help me with this matter? :)

Go to the settings of your phone and switch on WiFi. Then switch on the Tello. In your list of hotspots should appear a new one where the name contains Tello. If you didn't change the name in the app. Tap on this new hotspot and then you shoud be connected.
If not, reboot your phone and try again.

Go to the settings of your phone and switch on WiFi. Then switch on the Tello. In your list of hotspots should appear a new one where the name contains Tello. If you didn't change the name in the app. Tap on this new hotspot and then you shoud be connected.
If not, reboot your phone and try again.
Thanks for your advice but I have tryed this several times it will only show in wifi when the drone is on a red light and not when flashing yellow

Last edited:
Hi. Is this a new Tello out of the box? Was a firmware upgrade performed on it? If so, apply the firmware again. Generally best not to upgrade if no functions/features are broken but...

Perhaps clear cache/data for the app. Reinstall the app as well. Stranger things have happened. Let us know how it goes.

Hi. Is this a new Tello out of the box? Was a firmware upgrade performed on it? If so, apply the firmware again. Generally best not to upgrade if no functions/features are broken but...

Perhaps clear cache/data for the app. Reinstall the app as well. Stranger things have happened. Let us know how it goes.
Ok thanku

Thanks for your advice but I have tryed this several times it will only show in wifi when the drone is on a red light and not when flashing yellow
Is the red light solid or blinking fast/slow? Red would be running diagnostics on power up or a battery issue. Assuming you're using a fresh, fully charged battery? Does the issue duplicate itself with a different battery? Was the drone involved in a crash?

Is the red light solid or blinking fast/slow? Red would be running diagnostics on power up or a battery issue. Assuming you're using a fresh, fully charged battery? Does the issue duplicate itself with a different battery?
I can only connect to wifi on flashing red light so I am currently doing filmwear update on the red light drone and now update is not going past 99% , my drone wont show in wifi with drone flashing yellow :(

Perhaps a corrupt firmware file. Clear app cache/data/reinstall app. Download firmware from the official Ryze site and re-apply. Charge fresh battery, insert into Tello. Place Tello on top of a fan to prevent overheating (if necessary). Turn Tello on. Apply update.

Reactions: Kyle Knox
I can only connect to wifi on flashing red light so I am currently doing filmwear update on the red light drone and now update is not going past 99% , my drone wont show in wifi with drone flashing yellow :(
It's saying update successful and drone has restarted flashing yellow now and still not showing in WiFi

Perhaps a corrupt firmware file. Clear app cache/data/reinstall app. Download firmware from the official Ryze site and re-apply. Charge fresh battery, insert into Tello. Place Tello on top of a fan to prevent overheating (if necessary). Turn Tello on. Apply update.
Will try this and let u no how I go cheers

You could also try putting your phone into Aeroplane mode and switch on WIFI manually.
I have a Google Pixel 3a and it's the only way it connects.

Thanks for your advice I tryed ur idea and still no luck , my drone goes through the colours sequence when its switched on but it wont show in the wifi selection, if I switch it on and hold for 5 secs till I get steady red light then it shows in wifi so I connect that way but drone is non operational on red light, I've also used 4 different devices , a reboot , cleared data from the app , uninstalled app , I think it's a software problem , so annoying:(

I guess you still have warrantie. So contact your dealer or Ryze and change it.

Well here's the thing It was a free gift with a mobile phone contract , I've contacted they company and told them the situation and they said they cant do anything as it's over 30 days :(

Well here's the thing It was a free gift with a mobile phone contract , I've contacted they company and told them the situation and they said they cant do anything as it's over 30 days :(
For others who find this, Enable mobile data for Tello. IPhone 11 Pro Max 14.2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv