Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Old Pilot gets wings back

Graham0921

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just dropped in to say hello as a newbie to Tello Pilots. I am an ex military pilot, Royal Air Force Hercules C-130 from the 1960-70's. In the 1990s I was flying and building model aircraft and still fly those today. However, drones seem to fit more what I want to do these days, so about two years ago I bought a Tello and have had it ever since. I live in Baku, Azerbaijan but am in Pennsylvania at the moment with my son. Thought I would join the assembled group and get my wings back. I would like to build an FPV drone, has anyone got any suggestions as to the best kit and gear to purchase at a reasonable cost? Anyway nice to meet you all and I hope we can chat again soon. regards Graham

Graham, firstly thank you for your service!!! Secondly, check out amazon and some good carbon fiber frames, also when it comes to motors you’ll have to find some with your liking same with propellers, lastly amazon should have quality cameras for the build just make sure to check the reviews. Thank you once again for your service. Best regards, - William

Reactions: CaptK
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Welcome to the forum Graham. Great place for information and sharing your photos and videos. Fly safe have fun. Fly safe I'm sure you have figured out. ?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and advice. I had a roam around various sites yesterday and have found the eachine tyro 99 diy kit for the same price as the tell $99 (without receiver, transmitter and Battery). Anyone got one? Or any thoughts? I also saw the new Tello app which takes the tell to a new level, I think I will have to invest in that as well.

Reactions: Terry
Hello everyone, just dropped in to say hello as a newbie to Tello Pilots. I am an ex military pilot, Royal Air Force Hercules C-130 from the 1960-70's. In the 1990s I was flying and building model aircraft and still fly those today. However, drones seem to fit more what I want to do these days, so about two years ago I bought a Tello and have had it ever since. I live in Baku, Azerbaijan but am in Pennsylvania at the moment with my son. Thought I would join the assembled group and get my wings back. I would like to build an FPV drone, has anyone got any suggestions as to the best kit and gear to purchase at a reasonable cost? Anyway nice to meet you all and I hope we can chat again soon. regards Graham
Looks like a beautiful city.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan