Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Pad

Shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the pads that go on the ground for the Tello drone? And second question will these work with the regular Tello drone from Best Buy?

If you are referring to the sequenced pads with colors and shapes yes, and for the drone to read, I don’t think that will work. I believe standard Tello’s downward facing camera is not the same as on TELLO EDU or Tello Robomaster . I don’t think the downward facing camera can read the shapes.. certainly doesn’t mean you can’t try. Best of luck.

If you are referring to the sequenced pads with colors and shapes, for the drone to read, I don’t think that will work. I believe standard Tello’s downward facing camera is not the same as on TELLO EDU or Tello Robomaster . I don’t think the downward facing camera can read the shapes.. certainly doesn’t mean you can’t try. Best of luck.

Is there a difference between the Tello I buy at Best Buy and Tello Edu? And what is the difference? And should I buy the Edu for my nephew for learning to programming over giving him this one from Best Buy?

Yes and yes.There is a difference as the regular one can’t be used for the extensive programming I’m afraid

There are now four Tello's. The Tello EDU has a SDK in it can be used to program functions. The regular Tello does not so it cannot read the mission pads also called c challenge pads by DJI. programmers. The mission pads come bundled in the Tello EDU and the Robomaster TT package. We have over a dozen Tello's and the DJI flight carpet. It is a very good hardware and software system. for learning drone precision flying. Research the internet and you can find research on how to print the mission pads in a black and white pdf format. Check our YouTube channel MECATX We have several videos about this. Also, you can contact me at [email protected], This is a great drone for indoor winter flying. If you contact me, please let me know where you located. We recommend the Robomaster TT for education at the high school level. Good winter indoor flying.

A printable version of the mission pads can be found here:

Only Tello EDU / Tello Talent have firmware that supports detection and relative positioning for these pads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv