Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Parrot airborne, anyone?

Memor86

Reaction score
I just got this parrot airborne cargo second hand for 20 bucks, it's very hard to fly, when I just got it it started dropping from the air, motors would just stop. I updated the firmware and cured that but the drone still flies very bad even in perfect indoors conditions,
Does anyone have any experience with this drone?
Can't return it, I got it from another individual from Facebook Market, he just won't pick up the phone I figure he knew there was something wrong with it. When I tested it in a parking lot it was a bit windy and for me it's impossible to use the touch controls, (I know I should have brought my parrot flypad)

I just got this parrot airborne cargo second hand for 20 bucks, it's very hard to fly, when I just got it it started dropping from the air, motors would just stop. I updated the firmware and cured that but the drone still flies very bad even in perfect indoors conditions,
Can't return it, I got it from another individual from Facebook Market, he just won't pick up the phone I figure he knew there was something wrong with it. When I tested it in a parking lot it was a bit windy and for me it's impossible to use the touch controls, (I know I should have brought my parrot flypad)
There’s nothing wrong with the drone. there’s nothing to fix .It has no orientation system. It’s meant have a little fun with it ,at close range and crash a lot but be OK still. forget hovering. No ability. You just Fly really fast and whip it around for fun. Ever tested your picture quality? How about your video? See what I mean? Not even in the same class as Tello. I started flying drones less than two years ago but I learned a lot. My parrot airborne cargo decided to take a trip. I have no idea where. must be a nice place because he stayed .Don’t suggest you letting them get too far from your remote, that was an expensive lesson, but I won’t forget it. Learn from my mistake.
that drone has no orientation system. There’s nothing to fix. You just fly close by and whip around for fun. Don’t go far. Have you ever tested your camera for picture and video quality? You’ll notice it wasn’t exactly made for that. So they didn’t need to spend a lot of time developing an orientation system for hovering. Toy class. That particular drone and others like it should only be found in the toy department and not in the camera section or sporting goods. There are very few of these drones still being made today as orientation systems are becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper to develop in part because they’re not doing the developing, they’re copying those,who did it before them. Parrot and most businesses have abandoned consumer drones because DJI controls 77% of that market. I’m Working on getting a DJI franchise here in my town. Currently in the process. Fingers crossed. It’s my opinion that the toy drones will be for younger and younger ages because camera quality and orientation system quality has become so manageable. For example, why spend 80 bucks on a toy when you can spend 80 bucks on something that does similar to professional quality stuff? Comparably, much more than a toy. Another example, I’ll take an actual toy battery powered remote control four-wheel-drive truck and turned it into one of the most fantastic video making tools ever. I attach my Insta go 360 or my GoPro hero 9 5k. Both have software stabilization systems to assist the fact that there was no gimbal involved. So I’ll drive using the $.75 built-in camera but I make my short movie with the good stuff attached to it. Quality drone maker like DJI already did all that work for me, as far as my flying drones go. Hopefully this extra information will help you understand why you you feel like the parrot is harder to fly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’ll check these messages eventually. Good luck, happy flying.

There’s nothing wrong with the drone. there’s nothing to fix .It has no orientation system. It’s meant have a little fun with it ,at close range and crash a lot but be OK still. forget hovering. No ability. You just Fly really fast and whip it around for fun. Ever tested your picture quality? How about your video? See what I mean? Not even in the same class as Tello. I started flying drones less than two years ago but I learned a lot. My parrot airborne cargo decided to take a trip. I have no idea where. must be a nice place because he stayed .Don’t suggest you letting them get too far from your remote, that was an expensive lesson, but I won’t forget it. Learn from my mistake.

that drone has no orientation system. There’s nothing to fix. You just fly close by and whip around for fun. Don’t go far. Have you ever tested your camera for picture and video quality? You’ll notice it wasn’t exactly made for that. So they didn’t need to spend a lot of time developing an orientation system for hovering. Toy class. That particular drone and others like it should only be found in the toy department and not in the camera section or sporting goods. There are very few of these drones still being made today as orientation systems are becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper to develop in part because they’re not doing the developing, they’re copying those,who did it before them. Parrot and most businesses have abandoned consumer drones because DJI controls 77% of that market. I’m Working on getting a DJI franchise here in my town. Currently in the process. Fingers crossed. It’s my opinion that the toy drones will be for younger and younger ages because camera quality and orientation system quality has become so manageable. For example, why spend 80 bucks on a toy when you can spend 80 bucks on something that does similar to professional quality stuff? Comparably, much more than a toy. Another example, I’ll take an actual toy battery powered remote control four-wheel-drive truck and turned it into one of the most fantastic video making tools ever. I attach my Insta go 360 or my GoPro hero 9 5k. Both have software stabilization systems to assist the fact that there was no gimbal involved. So I’ll drive using the $.75 built-in camera but I make my short movie with the good stuff attached to it. Quality drone maker like DJI already did all that work for me, as far as my flying drones go. Hopefully this extra information will help you understand why you you feel like the parrot is harder to fly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’ll check these messages eventually. Good luck, happy flying.
how what?

Reactions: dejhon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv