Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Photo Video Help.

Kees

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I received my Ryze Tello drone and I have some issues with it.
Unboxing, charging battery, downloading app, connecting with wifi, all went well.
Smooth take off, smooth landings, exercises in the garden, all oké. Tello App works. Upgrade to latest version, all went well.

During the first flights I took my first pictures and some video as I would like to see the quality. When I connected the app with Tello I could see trough te drone camera. In the app I could see the video Footage and pictures and heard the click of the photos
BUT after landing my drone I looked for pictures and video on my smartphone and in the Tello App. There were no pictures and no video at all. I looked in all downloadfolders on my phone, but nothing also. So that was disappointing because I would like to download them on a folder on my phone (Huawei Mate 10 lite).

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong ?

Thanks

Did you try having a look around in the folders on your phone using a file explorer ?

Personally I use FX but many like ES. The photos are in Pictures > Tello Photo and the videos are in TelloVideo.

You can then watch them on your phone or copy them to your computer.

Reactions: Kees
On my mate 10 pro they are located in the regular gallery app under the folder "Others" and then TelloVideo and TelloPhoto

Did you try having a look around in the folders on your phone using a file explorer ?

Personally I use FX but many like ES. The photos are in Pictures > Tello Photo and the videos are in TelloVideo.

You can then watch them on your phone or copy them to your computer.

Hi, I have checked all folders from my Huawei Mate 10 Lite, But there is no Tello folder. (although I gave the Tello app permission to write to my folders).
But I have conneted my Tello drone to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 2. And the things are exact as you discribed: There is a map Tello foto with my foto 's and a map Tello video with the video 's that I have made.
So now I am afraid that my Huawei Mate10 Lite is not compatible with the Tello app (although I can fly the plane and do manouvres ascending, descending, left, right and so on, but no foto 's and video on my Huawei)

So my problem has been solved partially, as a 10 inch tablet is not ideal for flying a drone with a controller (Which I have to receive yet.) For the Huawei, I will look further. Still hope :)

greetings

On my mate 10 pro they are located in the regular gallery app under the folder "Others" and then TelloVideo and TelloPhoto

Hi Thank you, I have checked the gallery app but did n't find any Tello folder so far. I keep looking but now I am afraid my Huawei Mat 10 Lite is not compatible. Perhaps I 'll contact Rize Tello.

Greetings, Kees

If I get the time I will check using the older Huawei p8 lite if thats working.

It is frustrating that the app has different behaviours on different phones and assume it must be something to do with the Android implementation. This is one of the reasons that I prefer to get a phone with as much of a vanilla version as possible such as the Motorola G range. I can never understand why so many manufacturers think they can do better than Android and stick their own font end on.

It is frustrating that the app has different behaviours on different phones and assume it must be something to do with the Android implementation. This is one of the reasons that I prefer to get a phone with as much of a vanilla version as possible such as the Motorola G range. I can never understand why so many manufacturers think they can do better than Android and stick their own font end on.

I watched which phones are compatible with Tello and found that Huawei P 10 is . But Huawei Mate 10 lite is not mentioned.
Have to buy my self a new $ 1000 smartphone to handle my Tello. How weird is that ?

I watched which phones are compatible with Tello and found that Huawei P 10 is . But Huawei Mate 10 lite is not mentioned.
Have to buy my self a new $ 1000 smartphone to handle my Tello. How weird is that ?

Hi, I have same issue on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017).

I need to open pictures and videos from TELLO APP and use save icon, only then I see them in Galery app (Samsung?).
Google Pictures (ex Picasa) is able to show them because it detects more folders.

I was not thinking that this is issue, because when I am using iPhone 5S, i have also use same scenario to see pictures in Galery app.

aTello pilot does not have this kind of "issue" however pictures are "crosslinked by gray pixels" in Gallery app, in Google Pictures its OK.

nc

Just tested the low End Huawei p8 lite without problems. It asked for permission to access the storage and so on. So I did that shut down the app and restarted it. Now I could record and the folders in the gallery app.

What happens when you push this button in the Tello app?

Also is everything granted permission under settings and in the Tello app?

Attachments

• IMG_20180820_101044.jpg
    IMG_20180820_101044.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 5
Just tested the low End Huawei p8 lite without problems. It asked for permission to access the storage and so on. So I did that shut down the app and restarted it. Now I could record and the folders in the gallery app.

What happens when you push this button in the Tello app?

Also is everything granted permission under settings and in the Tello app?

I deleted the Tello app and installed it again, gave the permissions needed for accessing folders .
I started my Tello, and connected it with the app. I saw the immage from the tello cameralens in the app.
I made a picture and a video, but it is n't recorded. When I push the button I only see a black field

regards, Kees

And it looks like this in your phone settings?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180820-211236.jpg
    Screenshot_20180820-211236.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180820-211302.jpg
    Screenshot_20180820-211302.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 7
Oké thanks,

I hear more people have problems with Huawei. Perhaps looking for another phone

Now I quit this Thread,

Thanks all,